Hobart & The South, 7 Days
The accommodationDay 1 Hobart to Port Arthur (98km)
On arrival into Hobart make your way to Australia's most infamous convict settlement at Port Arthur. Stop along the way at the Port Arthur Lavender Farm for a sweet treat or browse the gift shop, or stop at Bangor Wine and Oyster Shed for lunch, and enjoy paddock to plate dining with a glass of cool-climate wine. In the evening, why not add a Port Arthur Ghost Tour for a night of mystery, murders and ghostly intrigue.
Stay 1 night in Port ArthurDay 2 Port Arthur to Hobart (98km)
Visit the Remarkable Cave, a short drive from your hotel for stunning coastal views before making your way back to Hobart. Take a slight detour via the heritage town of Richmond, famous for the Richmond Bridge and elegant Georgian architecture. A few minutes away, drive through Coal River Valley to taste a selection of award-winning cool-climate wines at a number of wineries, or sample farm-to-gate artisan produce at Wicked Cheese or Coal River Farm, also serving house-made chocolates. Spend the afternoon exploring Salamanca and wander into artist studios and galleries that fill the sandstone warehouses before settling onto an outdoor seat for dinner at one of the many restaurants.
Stay 3 nights in HobartDay 3 - 4 Hobart
Hobart has a lot to offer; with the award-winning Salamanca Markets every Saturday offering artisan produce and local crafts, and on Sunday you will find the Farmers Markets held in the CBD. For spectacular views of the city and harbour, drive up to the summit of Mt Wellington, or take a walk along Hobart's iconic waterfront and explore the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery (fees apply, payable direct), or add on a Iron Pot Cruise, taking you along the maritime waterways of Hobart, stopping at Australia's oldest lighthouse and circumnavigating Betsey Island.
Step back in time and explore the historic village of Battery Point and wander the streets with its charming cottages and well-manicured gardens. Stop by the popular Jackman and McRoss on Hampden Road for a light meal, serving great coffee and a delicious selection of sweet and savoury baked goods.
In the evening, take your tastebuds on an adventure at one of the many restaurants in North Hobart along Elizabeth Street, or head back to Salamanca, with a range of dining options.Day 5 Hobart to Bruny Island (50km + Ferry)
Drive south to Kettering to catch the ferry ($38 cash payable direct to take the car over) to Bruny Island. Bruny Island is a haven for foodies so make time to explore the island and try their cheeses, oysters, whiskey and more. Walk up the steps to the lookout at the Neck, a narrow strip of land separating North and South Bruny, for spectacular views. Visit Australia's second oldest lighthouse at Cape Bruny Lighthouse, first lit in 1838. A must-do add on is the unforgettable wilderness cruise taking you along Bruny Island's rugged coastline and getting you up close to Breathtaking Rock.
Stay 1 night on Bruny IslandDay 6 Bruny Island to Port Huon (62km + Ferry)
Head back to the mainland and drive through the Huon Valley, a foodies paradise. Visit Australia's first organic cidery, The Apple Shed Museum, Ciderhouse & Cafe, where you can also enjoy lunch teamed with a flight of cider tasters, or Home Hill Winery, a boutique vineyard made from rammed earth where you can enjoy an award-winning pinot. A short drive south is the quaint town of Port Huon, with sweeping views of the Huon River, Bruny Island, D'Entrecasteaux Channel and the Hartz Mountains. If you are looking for a charming place to enjoy a meal, the iconic Kermandie Hotel provides crafted meals featuring local produce along with traditional pub fare.
Stay 1 night in Port HuonDay 7 Port Huon to Hobart (56km)
Stop into Barilla Bay Oyster Farm to taste succulent oysters before heading back to Hobart.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels,Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Bruny Island Ferry - $38 cash payable direct to take the car over return - please note ferry prices are subject to change at anytime.
- Flexible Terms & Conditions: Applies to selected products only & excludes instant purchase & non-refundable products. Please ask your consultant for details at time of booking. A refundable deposit of $55 per person is required to secure your booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to travel, unless travelling within 30 days of booking. Changes & cancellations made 30 days or more prior to travel will not incur fees. Changes are subject to availability & may incur additional costs due to changes in seasonality, pricing & applicable surcharges. Any additional cost associated with changing will remain the responsibility of the customer. Original booking may contain bonus inclusions which are no longer available. In this instance, you will be offered a credit of your payment less any applicable supplier fees. In the instance that flights are added, the booking becomes non-refundable & change fees will apply. Changes & cancellations made within the applicable cancellation period will be subject to Flight Centre's Change & Cancellation policy which can be found at www.flightcentre.com.au.In the event there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and our booking terms and conditions https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition, these terms and conditions will apply.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.