Scenic Wonders of Newfoundland, Labrador & Ile Saint Pierre
From 18/05/2021 to 17/09/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Tue 18 2021 to May Mon 31 2021AvailableFrom$5,575*
May Tue 25 2021 to Jun Mon 07 2021AvailableFrom$6,268*
May Sat 29 2021 to Jun Fri 11 2021AvailableFrom$6,240*
Jul Thu 01 2021 to Jul Wed 14 2021AvailableFrom$6,295*
Jul Tue 06 2021 to Jul Mon 19 2021AvailableFrom$6,268*
Jul Sat 17 2021 to Jul Fri 30 2021AvailableFrom$6,268*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Fri 20 2021AvailableFrom$6,208*
Aug Sat 14 2021 to Aug Fri 27 2021AvailableFrom$6,208*
Aug Thu 19 2021 to Sep Wed 01 2021AvailableFrom$6,240*
Sep Sat 04 2021 to Sep Fri 17 2021AvailableFrom$6,268*
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive St. John's (2 Nights) The colourful row houses of St. John's add character to North America's oldest city, which is the launch pad to your memorable journey through Canada's easternmost provinces. You'll have the day to recover after your travels before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - St. John's Sightseeing Nature takes centre stage this morning as we board the Witless Bay Ecological Reserve Boat Tour, keeping a keen eye out for puffins and whales (in season) in their natural habitat as you are in the largest Atlantic puffin sanctuary in North America. Arriving in Petty Harbour, we meet a fisherman and 'Connect with Locals' over a 'Be My Guest' lunch at his restaurant. We'll learn about the significance of cod and snow crab fishing and how his family have been fishing for generations. We'll return to St. John's later and embark on a city tour, including visits to Signal Hill for beautiful views over the city and Cape Spear, the most eastern point of America.
Day 3 - St John's - Fortune - St. Pierre Today we are traveling to Fortune, to board the ferry to St. Pierre. Enjoy the rare opportunity to stay overnight in the only part of New France that remains under French control (guest should pack overnight bag). During an island tour, delve into the fishing heritage of St. Pierre, admiring the colourful facades which line the city's narrow streets. 'Dive into Culture' and learn about the island's colonial history.
Day 4 - St. Pierre - Fortune - Marystown Once back on Canadian land, we continue to the Fortune Head Ecological Centre. Let our geology interpreters take you on a guided tour of the Fortune Head Ecological Reserve which is home to the Global Boundary Stratotype Section and Point (GSSP) for the geologic time boundary between the Precambrian era and Cambrian period! These 541 million-year-old rocks mark the beginning of increasing biological diversity of life on Earth!
Day 5 - Marystown - Bonavista - Trinity - Clarenville Admire the rugged beauty of the Bonavista Peninsula as you embark on an included tour of the Lighthouse on Cape Bonavista. Built in the mid-19th century, the lighthouse is one of the few in the world you can still climb to see the same seal oil-fueled light used at the time to warn ships of the unforgiving coastline. 'Dive Into Culture' and see if you can spot whales, icebergs and puffins (in season) like the lighthouse keepers of yesteryear once did. Continue to the historic little Newfoundland town of Trinity, to meet a Local Specialist for a walking tour. Then continue on to Clarenville. Enjoy a farm-to-table dinner at the local farmers market while you learn about the farm life in Newfoundland.
Day 6 - Clarenville - Terra Nova National Park - Twillingate Join a Local Specialist this morning for a guided walk in Terra Nova National Park. You'll encounter a landscape of sheltered inlets, headlands and forests - a beautiful brush with these rugged landscapes. Continue to Twillingate, located along Iceberg Alley, where ancient glacial giants make their journey south from the Arctic (in season). Next, 'Dive Into Culture' with a tour and tasting experience at Auk Island Winery, savouring the flavours of Newfoundland berries and fruits, before delving into the art of wooden boat building. 'Dive Into Culture' yet again and meet a local boat builder to hear about this art which has been handed down from generation to generation. Later, we join new friends for dinner at your oceanfront hotel.
Day 7 - Twillingate - Beothuk Interpretation Centre - Gander Discover the existence and demise of an extinct people when you visit the Beothuk Interpretation Centre, which reveals the history of a now vanished language and culture. You'll continue to Gander where you'll meet a Local Specialist and learn about the significant role this Newfoundland community played during the 9/11 disaster when thousands of air passengers were suddenly rerouted to the town moments after the terrorist attack.
Day 8 - Gander - King's Point - Gros Morne National Park (2 Nights) Our first stop today is the Whale Pavilion in King's Point where we'll see the 50-ft skeleton of a whale on display. We enjoy lunch at a local restaurant on the scenic shoreline of Green Bay before embarking on a guided walk with a Local Specialist inside the UNESCO-listed Gros Morne National Park. Enjoy a rare opportunity to walk upon the exposed Earth's mantle along the Tableland's Trail. Indulge in the local flavors at the Regional Dinner at a fishing shed with views of Bonne Bay with always a great chance of seeing marine visitors such as humpback or minke whales, dolphins or blue fin tuna.
Day 9 - Gros Morne National Park Board your choice of boat tours this morning to explore Gros Morne National Park your way. Enjoy live commentary about the geological wonders and rich cultural history of the bay or explore a spectacular glacier-carved land-locked fjord. Later, we'll visit the Lobster Cove Head Lighthouse to learn about the culture heritage of the park.
Day 10 - Gros Morne Area - St. Anthony An early start to the day sees us trace the rugged coastline of Western Newfoundland with a stop at Arches Provincial Park. We'll 'Dive Into Culture' with a wild berry experience, tour and lunch before continuing to L'Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site for a tour of the UNESCO-listed 11th-century Viking settlement with a Local Specialist.
Day 11 - St. Anthony - St. Barbe - Blanc Sablon - L'Anse au Clair (2 Nights) Our first stop on today's journey to Labrador is in scenic Fisher Point, where we'll enjoy breakfast in a replica Viking sod hut. We'll take the ferry to Labrador in the afternoon, arriving in Blanc Sablon where we'll 'Dive Into Culture' during a visit to a scallop farm and learn how to shuck a scallop like a local. Taste the difference between a live and cooked scallop accompanied with wine.
Day 12 - Red Bay National Historic Site Join a Local Specialist this morning for a guided tour of the UNESCO-listed Red Bay National Historic Site, once a major whaling point on the Atlantic. You'll tour the tallest lighthouse of Atlantic Canada, Point Armour Lighthouse, followed by a Regional Dinner.
Day 13 - L'Anse au Clair - Blanc Sablon - St. Barbe - Cornerbrook We leave Labrador bound for Newfoundland on the ferry. Encounter milennia of human history at the crossroads of four ancient cultures in Port aux Choix National Historic Site. This evening we enjoy a Farewell Dinner with new friends at one of Trafalgar's 'Stay with Stories' where we'll stay overnight.
Day 14 - Depart Corner Brook - Deer Lake Your journey comes to an end, take your transfer to Deer Lake Regional Airport. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR in St. John's, Trinity, Gander CRUISE iconic Witless Bay and choice between two cruises at Gros Morne National Park ORIENTATION in Corner Brook and Twillingate SCENIC DRIVE along rugged coastline of Western Newfoundland with a stop at the Arches Provincial Park VISIT French Island St. Pierre, Bonavista Peninsula, Terra Nova National Park, Gros Morne National Park, UNESCO World Heritage sites of Red Bay in Labrador and Viking settlement L'Anse aux Meadows, Port aux Choix National Historic Site
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.