Canada's Rockies with Calgary Stampede
From 04/07/2021 to 19/07/2021
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Calgary Tip your Stetson to Canada's 'Cowboy Country', kick-starting your adventure through the inimitable Rockies in Calgary. This evening, gather at your hotel joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Calgary - Lake Louise - Jasper National Park (2 Nights) Embark on a spiritual encounter with the Canadian Rockies, admiring the ethereal beauty of Lake Louise, the surrounding summits and Victoria Glacier, before we continue along the Icefields Parkway. Skirt the craggy peaks, waterfalls and luminous glacial lakes keeping an eye out for bears, elk and mountain goats as you make your way through the wilderness to Jasper.
Day 3 - Jasper Sightseeing Soak up pristine natural surroundings enjoying a morning at leisure. Then venture to Maligne Lake and indulge in a Regional Lunch with wine at the Maligne Lake Chalet, a rustic log building situated on a rise of land offering magnificent views of beautiful Maligne Lake in Jasper National Park. Take to the aqua waters of Maligne Lake later this afternon (seasonal), admiring views of its three glaciers and Spirit Island, named by the Stoney Nation indigenous people for the experiences their ancestors had at this place centuries ago. It's a tiny grove of trees set in pristine nature separated from the mainland by an isthmus. Spirit Island becomes a true island for a few short days during the summer. Then enjoy the dramatic views as you take a guided walk to Maligne Canyon. Later this evening, indulge in a Regional Dinner.
Day 4 - Jasper - Athabasca Glacier - Banff (3 Nights) We crunch across the glistening icefield of Athabasca Glacier this morning, stepping aboard an Ice Explorer to learn about glaciers and their impact on the environment. Take a sip of ice cold glacier water and admire the surrounding snowcapped panorama before continuing your journey to the alpine village of Banff. Before dinner, you'll enjoy a rare opportunity to meet a retired Royal Canadian Mountie, dressed in the traditional red serge uniform. This Local Specialist will share colourful stories about life in the 'force' and even pose for a photo or two. Tonight, enjoy dinner with your fellow travellers.
Day 5 - Banff Sightseeing Learn the art of playing the puck like a pro when you meet a real Canadian hockey player in Canmore. Dive into Culture and embrace Canada's national sport, learning the secrets and superstitions of hockey players as a professional coach walks you through a day in the life of a player. Go inside the players' dressing room and put on the full hockey gear with help of a real coach. Grab your stick and it's off onto the ice where you're soon find out whether you are a lefty or righty and learn how to score the big goal. A sightseeing excursion around Banff reveals the exquisite natural beauty of the area. Admire the classic viewpoint of Surprise Corner, spectacular Bow Falls and the hoodoo rock formations.
Day 6 - Banff Free Time This afternoon, head for LJ Ranch, a family-owned and operated working cattle ranch located in the beautiful Foothills of the Rocky Mountains. These rolling hills with plenty of wide-open space, fresh clean air, and plentiful creeks, rivers and streams, provide some of the best and most scenic ranching and riding country on the continent. Meet Joy and Lindsay Eklund, your hosts for a unique 'Be My Guest' dinner experience, and their extended family of six grown "kids", and seven grand kids.
Day 7 - Banff - Calgary (2 Nights) Bid farewell to your newfound friends and transfer to your hotel in Calgary. Brace yourself for the wonder of the GMC Rangeland Derby, and the TransAlta Grandstand Show. Chuckwagon racing is followed by an epic stage show.
Day 8 - Calgary Stampede Don your Stetson and put on your finest pair of cowboy boots and immerse yourself in the action today. This 10-day spectacle has drawn in fun-seeking cowboys and cowgirls for the past 100 years, and you'll immediately feel part of it today. Originally a farming festival, the Stampede has evolved over the years, attracting crowds that are looking for so much more. Today you'll easily find something that suits your tastes - from western culinary shows to rollercoasters, there's always something to do. You could find yourself at a concert singing along to some of the world's greatest country musical acts or watching in awe at the pageantry of a marching show band. There are shows featuring ice-skating and acrobatics, and for dog lovers, there's a show that's sure to delight. You'll also love to browse the stands packed with traditional Western arts and crafts, and you can talk to the artists about their work, purchasing work directly from their stands. After all this exploring you're sure to be hungry, so take a stroll around the main grandstand and re-fuel with some succulent barbecue and a refreshing drink as you soak in the atmosphere of this world-famous event.
Day 9 - Depart Calgary Take a transfer to the Calgary International Airport this morning. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR of Banff SCENIC DRIVE along the Icefields Parkway VISIT Jasper National Park, ride aboard an Ice Explorer on the Athabasca Glacier, Banff National Park, Lake Louise, Hockey Player Experience
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.