Canada’s Northern Lights
From 25/02/2021 to 13/03/2022
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Winnipeg (2 Nights) Bundle up for an adventure in the Great Canadian North, beginning at its heart, the high-spirited city of Winnipeg. Join your travel Director and small group of fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and trip overview at a local restaurant.
Day 2 - Winnipeg Trace the human and natural heritage of Manitoba through the ages during your visit to the Manitoba Museum, with the highlight being a tour of the night sky at its Planetarium. Dive into Culture with a Local Specialist who will reveal the history of Manitoba's fur trade and the way of life of the Inuit, the aboriginal people of the Canadian Arctic. This evening, join new friends for dinner to embrace the characteristically Winnipeg way of enjoying the finer things in life.
Day 3 - Winnipeg - Churchill (4 Nights) The rugged north calls this morning and you'll board an early morning flight to Churchill. It's perfectly placed beneath the Auroral Oval to witness the Northern Lights and, with auroral activity occurring over 300 nights a year, is regarded as one of the top three locations in the world to view this heavenly spectacle. It takes real skill to capture one of the world's greatest natural spectacles and you'll want to brush up on your photography skills with a Local Specialist photographer to learn the secrets of Northern Lights photography. Armed with your new illuminating talents, you'll enjoy dinner with your fellow adventurers before scanning the sky for an opportunity to see them first-hand (weather permitting).
Day 4 - Churchill After a bewitching late-night encounter with the endless skies of Manitoba, enjoy a leisurely start to your day. There's time to run through your shots from the night before, provided Mother Nature saw fit to put on a blockbuster performance. Wrap up warmly as temperatures descend below freezing before you embark on an Orientation of the town and learn how the bear-smart locals share their streets with migrating polar bears in season. You'll visit Manitoba Conservation's Polar Bear Holding Facility where wayward bears entering the 'control zone' are held before being released further north. Then, board a Tundra Buggy and head out on to the frozen Churchill River for another exhilarating opportunity to see the ethereal lights dance across the sky. Keep your eyes skywards, whether you choose to capture the Northern Lights in action from the toasty warmth of the Thanadelthur Lounge or from the roof deck.
Day 5 - Churchill Today you'll be chomping at the bit to get going, like the sled dogs you're about to meet in Churchill's Boreal Forest. Join your Local Specialist dog sledding expert for a captivating 'Dive into Culture' experience and learn about the traditional and modern M?tis lifestyle, as well as their long history of dog sledding. Then it's time to let the exuberant dogs loose for a wild mile-long ride through the wilderness on a custom-built sled. After your exhilarating journey, return to town for lunch at a local family run restaurant. Then enjoy a more sedate afternoon on your terms. Later this afternoon, you'll board your Tundra Buggy for another trip through the tundra and a special dinner experience at the legendary Dan's Diner. This unusual pop-up restaurant lies on the snow-steeped bank of the Churchill River, masterfully keeping the outdoors chill at bay with its heart-warming ambience and regional delicacies.
Day 6 - Churchill Savour another leisurely start before another exciting day in the Manitoban wilderness. Join a Local Specialist naturalist and learn to trek on snow shoe through the frozen landscapes skirting Hudson Bay.
Day 7 - Churchill - Winnipeg (1 Night) Marvel at the survival skills of the tough Inuit indigenous people who have thrived in this area for centuries, despite the harsh conditions. You'll Dive into Culture and learn about their way of life and how they retain their heritage and culture during a visit to the Itsanitaq Museum. Then head to the Parks Canada Visitor Center, located in Churchill's historic train station, to delve into the history of Churchill's fur trade and how it drove the discovery of Hudson Bay in the 17th century. Later you'll board your return flight to Winnipeg and arrive just in time for a rousing Farewell Dinner with new friends and fond memories.
Day 8 - Depart Winnipeg Your thrilling encounter with Canada's Great North has sadly come to an end. All that's left is to say a sad farewell to newfound friends and this vibrant Canadian city before returning home, or choose to extend your stay and soak up the warm heart of Manitoba your way.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.