Iconic National Parks of the American and Canadian Rockies
From 08/09/2021 to 17/09/2021
SCENIC DRIVE along the Going-the-Sun Road, South Road, Bow Valley Parkway, Banff Windermere Highway, Sinclair Canyon, Icefields ParkwayVIEW the epic mountains of Grand Teton National ParkVISIT National Museum of Wildlife Art, Mormon Row Historic District, Yellowstone National Park, Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site, Glacier National Park, Banff National Park, Lake Louise, Valley of the Ten PeaksDIVE INTO CULTURE Dive into local culture as we visit Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site celebrating Montana's legendary heritage into cowboys and cattlemen.
Local Specialist Learn how the expert-trained smokejumpers parachute into national forests to help fight the spread of wildfires.
9 breakfasts5 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - The Old West gateway to Yellowstone and the Tetons launches our epic journey through towering mountain ranges and inspiring landscapes. Check in to your Jackson hotel and enjoy an afternoon at leisure before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception this evening.
Day 2 - Admire the dazzling natural wonders of Grand Teton National Park by raft as you float down the Snake River, keeping a keen eye out for moose and grizzly bears. You'll visit the National Museum of Wildlife Art, featuring pieces that date back as far as 2500 b.c. Then, walk through the town's signature elk-antler arches in Town Square as you enjoy the rest of the afternoon at leisure. This evening, indulge in a true taste of cowboy life, joining your companions for a Regional Dinner at a local camp, paired with stories and music.
Day 3 - Learn about the Mormon settlers who battled the harsh conditions of Jackson Hole to sustain their community in Mormon Row, an Historic District we'll have an opportunity to visit as we chart our course through Grand Teton National Park. Travel along the scenic Teton Park Road and stop at the Colter Bay Visitor's Center to view a collection of American Indian artefacts. Arriving in Yellowstone National Park, you'll pay a visit to Old Faithful, watching as its waters arc high into the air as it has done approximately every 90 minutes since the Washburn Expedition discovered it. Encounter first-hand Yellowstone's spouting geysers, bubbling mudpots and turquoise hot springs and learn about this geothermal wonderland.
Day 4 - Our day begins the expansive landscapes of Hayden Valley, home to herds of bison, scattered elk and the occasional grizzly bear. Explore the rusting walls of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, then continue on the upper loop to Dunraven Pass and the Lamar Valley, the most ruggedly beautiful regions of the park. At Mammoth Springs, admire the gentle cascade of water running down the multi-coloured mineral terraces, resembling frozen waterfalls cascading down into the valley.
Day 5 - Big Sky Country beckons next as we travel through Montana and stop at the Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site. Gain insights into the heritage of cowboys and cattlemen at this working ranch which celebrates the Western cattle industry. Our final stop in Glacier Country today is the Western Montana township of Missoula where we'll visit the Smokejumper Visitor Center and training base. Join a Local Specialist who will reveal how the highly trained smokejumpers parachute into remote areas of national forests to help fight the spread of wildfires.
Day 6 - Enter UNESCO-listed Glacier National Park and journey along its scenic Southern Road with a stop at stop at Lake McDonald Lodge, a National Historic Landmark built in 1913.
Day 7 - Journey deep into the Rockies this morning, weaving through spectacular glacial landscapes and mountain scenery on board the park's original renovated red "jammers" (buses). Cross the Continental Divide in vintage style, winding along the Going-to-the-Sun Road past such iconic sites as Rising Sun and Logan Pass.
Day 8 - Today we traverse the border and leave the USA for Canada, continuing north to another UNESCO-listed site, Banff National Park, where tonight we'll stay. Our hotel is located in the heart of downtown and easy walk to many shops and restaurants.
Day 9 - Embark on a spiritual encounter with the iconic and unexpected highlights of Banff National Park. Admire the ethereal beauty of Lake Louise, the "Jewel of the Rockies", as you gaze into its vivid reflection of Victoria Glacier should you choose to take a Lakeshore Trail walk. Connect with the natural beauty of Moraine Lake, one of the most photographed spots in all of Canada. Then, visit Banff where you'll have some free time to explore its art galleries and caf?s before joining your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 10 - After breakfast, bid farewell to your newfound friends and transfer to Calgary International Airport or to the Westin Calgary for guests extending their stay.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 June 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans