Treasures of Thailand with Phuket
From 10/01/2021 to 01/01/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Sun 10 2021 to Jan Sat 23 2021Sold OutFrom$7,650*
Jan Sun 31 2021 to Feb Sat 13 2021Sold OutFrom$7,650*
Feb Sun 21 2021 to Mar Sat 06 2021Sold OutFrom$7,650*
Mar Sun 07 2021 to Mar Sat 20 2021AvailableFrom$7,650*
Mar Sun 21 2021 to Apr Sat 03 2021AvailableFrom$7,650*
Apr Sun 18 2021 to May Sat 01 2021AvailableFrom$7,050*
May Sun 16 2021 to May Sat 29 2021AvailableFrom$7,050*
Jun Sun 13 2021 to Jun Sat 26 2021AvailableFrom$7,050*
Jul Sun 11 2021 to Jul Sat 24 2021AvailableFrom$7,050*
Aug Sun 08 2021 to Aug Sat 21 2021AvailableFrom$7,050*
Sep Sun 12 2021 to Sep Sat 25 2021AvailableFrom$7,050*
Sep Sun 26 2021 to Oct Sat 09 2021AvailableFrom$7,050*
Oct Sun 10 2021 to Oct Sat 23 2021AvailableFrom$7,050*
Nov Sun 14 2021 to Nov Sat 27 2021AvailableFrom$7,475*
13 buffet breakfasts.
9 lunches (including Connect with Locals).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
A Trafalgar bonus - all Intra-Air flights: Bangkok to Sukhothai and Chiang Mai to Phuket.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
Day 1 - ARRIVE BANGKOK (3 NIGHTS) Say sawadee ka to the land of smiles, starting your Thai adventure in Bangkok. Transfer to your hotel where this evening, we meet our Travel Director and fellow guests for a Welcome Reception drink with local appetisers.
Day 2 - BANGKOK SIGHTSEEING Rise early and join the locals for a graceful T'ai Chi practice in Lumpini Park to kick-start your day. Alternatively, enjoy a leisurely start before joining your fellow travellers on a City Tour, which begins with a visit to Bangkok's Grand Palace, where you'll visit the most sacred Buddhist temple in Thailand, Wat Phra Kaew. See the largest-reclining Buddha in Thailand in Bangkok's oldest temple, Wat Pho, and enjoy a traditional Thai massage in the temple's massage centre. Return to your hotel by express river boat, cruising down the Chao Praya past beautiful Wat Arun, the Temple of the Dawn.
Day 3 - BANGKOK Immerse your senses in the five flavours of Thai as you join a 'Local Specialist' for a traditional cooking class in a colonial-style house. Visit a local market nearby to source the freshest ingredients that reveal the sweet, sour, salty, bitter and hot flavours of Thai cuisine. Sample the results later, then spend the afternoon exploring the City of Angels on your terms, or consider joining an Optional Experience to Jim Thompson's House, home to an impressive collection of Asian art.
Day 4 - BANGKOK - DAMNOEN SADUAK - KANCHANABURI (2 NIGHTS) A riot of colours greets us this morning as we embark on a visit to the famous floating market at Damnoen Saduak. Connect with the friendly merchants who paddle along the congested canals in their sturdy canoes, laden with fresh fruit and vegetables to sell to shoppers on the banks. En route, we'll 'Dive Into Culture', stopping at a coconut palm sugar plantation where we'll discover how the farmer extracts the sap from his palm trees to create palm sugar. After lunch in a local restaurant, we'll visit the Thailand-Burma Railway Museum, revealing insights into the history of the infamous railway line built during WWII by the Imperial Japanese army. Our final stop today sees us pay tribute to the thousands of allied prisoners of war who were laid to rest at the War Cemetery.
Day 5 - KANCHANABURI SIGHTSEEING This morning, we visit Hellfire Pass, a section of the Thailand-Burma "Death Railway", so named for the tortuous conditions that prisoners of war endured during WWII to build it. After lunch, we embark on a thrilling train ride across wooden viaducts, skirting the winding waters of the Kwai River. We'll disembark and see the wooden viaducts first-hand walking across one. This evening, we enjoy dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 6 - KANCHANABURI - AYUTTHAYA - SUKHOTHAI (2 NIGHTS) After breakfast, we travel to the UNESCO-listed Ayutthaya, once the second-most important ancient capital of Old Siam and the largest city in the world. Here, we'll delve into the trading heritage of a mighty city that was all but raised to the ground by an 18th century Burmese invasion.
Day 7 - SUKHOTHAI SIGHTSEEING Gain insights into a powerful kingdom that enjoyed its golden age during the 13th and 14th centuries and shaped modern Thailand as we know it today. Start the day with a visit to the UNESCO-listed Sukhothai Historical Park which reveals thousands of years of history and a 15-metre seated Buddha secreted within its walls. Your choice of exploring will see you engage with the historic complex by bicycle or on the internal tram. This afternoon, visit the home of a local family and learn how to make amulets which are thought to protect the owner from harm.
Day 8 - SUKHOTHAI - CHIANG MAI (3 NIGHTS) Our day begins with a visit to the village of Natonchan, where we 'Make A Difference' with our visit by supporting the community's eco-tourism project. We'll interact with the locals and meet one of the villagers to learn about 'gymnastic doll' making and the villagers' traditional cotton clothes which are soaked in mud to protect them from fading. We continue north, enjoying lunch en route and make a brief visit to the 'Friends of the Asian Elephant' Hospital, a foundation that cares for wounded elephants. Arriving in Chiang Mai, we enjoy an evening walk with our Travel Director and visit the colourful Sunday market. Our hotel tonight is located in the old town of Chiang Mai.
Day 9 - CHIANG MAI SIGHTSEEING Admire the delicate hand-painted fans and colourful paper umbrellas that are famously crafted in Chiang Mai's Sankamphaeng district and meet the children and teachers at a local school to which Trafalgar will donate much-needed supplies. We continue to a small village nearby where we'll 'Connect with Locals', joining a family in their typical stilt house for a northern Thai-style 'Be My Guest' lunch. Next is a visit to Wat Suan Dok where we'll meet a local monk and learn about Buddhism, against the backdrop of the temple's magnificent golden chedi.
Day 10 - CHIANG MAI Your morning is free to spend as you please or consider joining an Optional Experience to the Ban Tong Luang Hilltribe Village. Later, we visit Wat Doi Suthep, one of Thailand's most sacred temples. As the sun sets over this mystical temple, listen quietly to the tranquil sounds of the monks chanting. This evening, we join fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner at a traditional Thai restaurant located next to the river.
Day 11 - CHIANG MAI - PHUKET (3 NIGHTS) We leave Chiang Mai bound for Phuket, Thailand's largest island. On arrival, we'll check into our hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 12 - PHUKET SIGHTSEEING There's more to Phuket than its glorious beaches and dazzling nightlife. The island is a captivating fusion of Thai, Chinese, Indian, Arabic and even Portuguese influences, which you'll have an opportunity to encounter first-hand during your walking tour of Phuket Town with a 'Local Specialist'. Visit the early morning fresh food market, rubbing shoulders with the locals who stop by daily to shop and enjoy a quick breakfast. Continue to the amulet market and learn how these metal charms are worn to protect the wearer from harm or bring good luck. Discover the trading history of the island, admiring the beautifully restored shop-houses along your route. You'll visit the beautiful Sino-Portuguese-style colonial mansion of Baan Chinpracha and the Thai Hua Museum, which reveals the history of Phuket, before sampling some of the region's local snacks in a restored coffee house. The walking tour ends with lunch in one of Phuket Town's restaurants where you'll have the opportunity to sample local flavours after which you'll return to your hotel for a relaxing afternoon.
Day 13 - PHUKET FREE DAY Enjoy a full day to indulge in whatever your heart delights. Take advantage of your tropical surroundings and spend the day relaxing at your beachfront hotel or consider joining one of our Optional Experiences. You could, for example, try your hand at making some classic Thai dishes during a cooking class on Koh Yao Noi island, with time afterwards relaxing on its beaches. Alternatively opt to take a cruise to Phang Nga Bay and spend the day on board a traditional junk style schooner boat sailing around the archipelago, swimming in crystal clear waters and enjoying the dramatic beauty of the islands as they pass you by.
Day 14 - DEPART PHUKET Your captivating encounter with Thailand at its end, take a transfer to Phuket International Airport for your onward flight. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR of Bangkok. Chiang Mai. Phuket Town. VIEW the Bridge over the River Kwai and Hellfire Pass in Kanchanaburi and Wat Mahathat in Ayutthaya VISIT the Grand Palace, the temples of Wat Phra Kaew and Wat Pho in Bangkok, Damnoen Saduak floating market, the ancient city of Ayutthaya, Sukhothai Heritage Park, Baan Chinpracha, Thai Hua Museum
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.