Outback Queensland Rail Adventure, 8 Days
Pack your boots and head west on this exploration of Outback Queensland. Take the iconic Spirit of the Outback train journey from Brisbane to Longreach with 5 nights in Longreach. Your also package includes a dinner & show in Longreach and a day tour to Winton.
Travel 1300km through ever-changing scenery and rugged terrain from Brisbane to Longreach in air conditioned comfort and discover Outback Queensland on-board the Spirit of the Outback. With blue summer skies and rich golden soil to be seen into the horizon, enjoy scenic views on this 24 hour rail journey passing through the historic towns of Blackwater, Emerald and Barcaldine. Enjoy your sleeper berth; a private cabin with a seat by day and a single lower bed at night. Your journey will be as comfortable as it is memorable thanks to the excellent range of on-board amenities.
Home to the famous Qantas Founders Museum, Longreach is a popular holiday destination with a great range of attractions including the Australian Stockman's Hall of Fame and the Outback Heritage Centre. An experience not to be missed, the Spirit of the Outback is a spectacular train journey that is popular with international travellers and Australians alike.
When in Longreach a night out at the award-winning Smithy's is a must do Settle back and enjoy an evening to remember dining under the stars beside the Coolibah lined river. Begin with sunset nibbles followed by a two-course table service dinner, featuring the camp oven themed modern cuisine. A good selection of wine and cold beer is available for purchase from the licensed cash bar. Live on stage the quality guest performers will entertain you with their songs and stories. This is an experience that is bound to be a highlight of your Outback holiday.
Explore Winton and get ready for a day rich in Australian culture and heritage. Your Savannah Guide is an expert in interpreting the historic region's stories. As you travel through dramatic and changing landscapes to Winton, passing huge Outback stations, keep an eye out for emus, eagles and kangaroos. Enjoy a self-guided tour of the Waltzing Matilda Centre. Visit the Musical Fence, Arnos Wall and the Truck Museum on a town tour of Winton. High up on a mesa overlooking endless Outback plains, you're given an entertaining interpretive tour of the Australian Age of Dinosaurs - home to the world's largest collection of Australian dinosaur fossils. Tour the most productive Fossil Preparation Laboratory in the Southern Hemisphere, see the state-of-the-art Collection Room and 3D Theatre where dinosaurs Banjo and Matilda are brought to life with amazing animated recreations, and encounter the dinosaur exhibits in Dinosaur Canyon.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.