Enchanting Canadian Maritimes
From 05/06/2022 to 27/09/2022
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Halifax (2 Nights) Learn the art of living the good life as you brace yourself for crisp sea breezes and hearty Nova Scotian hospitality in Halifax, your launch pad to an effortless discovery of Canada's Maritimes. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception at your landmark 'Stay with Stories' overlooking the famous Public Gardens.
Day 2 - Halifax Sightseeing Enjoy a guided visit of the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. From small craft boatbuilding to World War Convoys, the Days of Sail to the Age of Steam, the Titanic to the Halifax Explosion, you'll discover the stories, events and people that have come to define Nova Scotia and its relationship with the sea. Then, join your Local Specialist for an exploration of Halifax's sights including the Citadel National Historic Site, built in the mid-18th century to defend the town from various enemies. Spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 3 - Halifax - Baddeck (2 Nights) Explore the legends and traditions of the Mi'kmaq people during a visit to the Millbrook Cultural and Heritage Centre. Traverse the Canso Causeway to Cape Breton Island and arrive in the village of Baddeck. Later, get ready for a foot-stomping Ceilidh celebration this evening as you encounter first-hand the Celtic heritage of the area as you 'Dive into Culture' with an evening of traditional music and songs.
Day 4 - Cape Breton and the Cabot Trail Today, enjoy the dramatic coastal views and highland scenery offering an endless source of artistic inspiration as you wind through Cape Breton Highlands National Park. Unspoiled natural beauty and sweeping coastal vistas provide a mesmerising backdrop for our drive along the Cabot Trail. We keep an eye out for moose and bald eagle as we travel in search of whales in the Gulf of the St. Lawrence. Return to Baddeck later for some time at leisure.
Day 5 - Baddeck - Wood Islands Ferry - Charlottetown (2 Nights) This morning, we pay tribute to one of the world's most famous inventors at the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site, then cross the Northumberland Strait to Prince Edward Island. Pass pastoral landscapes and gabled farmhouses en route to Charlottetown where we enjoy a full evening at leisure, perhaps to discover the town's vibrant dining scene. Our 'Stay with Stories' was built in 1931 and reflects such luxurious features as barrel-vaulted ceilings and a grand lobby. Tonight, enjoy a Regional Dinner at the PEI Preserve Company.
Day 6 - Charlottetown Sightseeing Join a Local Specialist for an exploration of the 'Cradle of Confederation' - its red beaches, waving beach grass and green pastures that inspired the beloved children's classic Anne of Green Gables. Take a step back in time as we visit the grounds of the historic Shaw's Hotel, a National Historic Site of Canada. When Grandfather Shaw opened his inn on the family's pioneer farm in 1860, he wanted to provide relaxing country lodging for visitors. Today (four generations later), the Shaw family continues to run the property. During your visit you will step back in time to a simpler way of life. 'Connect with Locals' and meet your host, the current proprietor of the Inn, Robbie Shaw, before settling in for a 'Be My Guest' lunch with influences from the land and sea, surrounded by the beauty of Brackley Bay.
Day 7 - Charlottetown - Shediac Bay - Hopewell Rocks - Saint John We return to New Brunswick, crossing the Northumberland Strait via the engineering feat that is Confederation Bridge. Head to the waters of Shediac Bay, where we'll celebrate all things lobster with our Local Specialist. Get a closer look at Acadian culture while diving into the lobster fishery, learning about old fishing techniques that helped shape the way of life of the region. Then, enjoy a delicious lunch of lobster served local style on board the boat (weather permitting). We journey south to the Bay of Fundy in search of the world's highest tides. Join another Local Specialist to visit the magnificently eroded Hopewell Rocks and enjoy a rare opportunity to walk on the ocean floor (tide permitting). Our overnight stop is in the port city of Saint John.
Day 8 - Saint John - Digby - Lunenburg (2 Nights) We leave the cliffs and coves of Saint John behind this morning to board a ferry to cross the Bay of Fundy to Digby. Stopping at Grand-Pr? National Historic Site, a UNESCO Heritage Site, we delve into the history of the Le Grand D?rangement, a tragic event in Acadian history that has shaped the vibrant culture of modern-day Acadians. Later, we'll'Dive Into Culture' with a tour and tasting at a winery in the LaHave River Valley, one of the earliest grape-growing territories in North America.
Day 9 - Lunenburg Sightseeing Join a Local Specialist who will reveal insights into the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Lunenburg. Delve into the rich fishing heritage of Nova Scotia when you visit the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic with a guide from the local fishing community, then explore the decks and passageways of real Tall Ships. Enjoy a Farewell Dinner this evening.
Day 10 - Lunenburg - Peggy's Cove - Depart Halifax This morning, breathe in the fresh ocean air and share in the inspiration enjoyed by painters and photographers who visit Peggy's Cove on St. Margaret's Bay. We arrive back in Halifax and take our transfer to the Stanfield International Airport where our trip comes to an end or consider extending your stay in Halifax. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR in Halifax, Charlottetown, Lunenburg CRUISE on Shediac Bay SCENIC DRIVE along The Cabot Trail VISIT the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Halifax Citadel, Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site, Prince Edward Island, Green Gables Heritage Place, Hopewell Rocks, Grand-Pr? National Historic Site (UNESCO World Heritage Site), Peggy's Cove, Millbrook Cultural and Heritage Center, Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Prince Edward Island National Park
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.