Okavango Delta Music Festival(Twin Room,Start Maun, End Maun)
From 22/08/2021 to 29/08/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows his way across these wild landscapes.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Day 1 - Arrive Maun Dumela Botswana! We'll meet and greet today before heading towards our first stay: the epic Gweta Lodge on the edge of the Makgadikgadi Pans. We'll grab dinner, swap stories and bond over the adventures yet to come.
Day 2 - Maun to Makgadikgadi Salt Pans Today we're headed to the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans. Cameras at the ready...This unique landscape makes for some awesome perspective-bending photo ops - perfect for the 'gram. When we reach the pans we'll also visit a meerkat colony, a rare opportunity to see these quirky creatures in the wild. Our minds already blown by this unique natural landscape, it's off to the Contiki safari camp. We'll take an awe-inspiring game drive before being greeted with our luxe two person dome tents - pre-erected of course - with stretchers, mattresses and linen. Dinner? How about a campfire meal as we swap tales under a starswept sky?
Day 3 - Makgadikgadi Salt Pans to Okavango Delta via Maun Think the scenery couldn't get more spectacular? Think again..A pitstop in Maun will let us recharge with some lunch and drop our heavy bags off to prepare for 2 days of camping. Are you ready for the Delta?Get your David Attenborough voice on, we are in the heart of Africa's iconic wildlife filming paradise. This sprawling wetland is home to some of Africa's most incredible speciesand we will start searching for them as we enter the Delta on an afternoon Game Drive in hopes of spotting elephants, hippos and if we lucky - some predators.
Day 4 - Okavango Delta After breakfast it's time for another morning game drive. You can also opt for a Mokoro boat trip along the gorgeous waterways of the delta. In the afternoon we'll enjoy an included camp lunch (and maybe a siesta) before another game drive. The day isn't over, though - not even close. This evening we have a once in a lifetime opportunity - a night drive in the bush with spotlights seeking out elusive nocturnal animals you can't find during the day. Your local guide will also talk you through the constellations you can spot in the starlit sky.
Day 5 - Okavango Delta to Maun After breakfast it's time for another morning game drive - eyes peeled for elephants - before we head to Maun and our lodge for the night.This afternoon opt to soar over the delta on a helicopter for peerless views of the wildlife below, as you hover just meters above the waterways.This evening you can choose to experience a dinner and show, with young people from the local community performing on the theme of conservation.
Day 6 - Maun to Okavango Delta Music Festival After breakfast we've got some free time to hang out in this beautiful environment - before the moment we've been waiting for...Welcome to the OKMF! This unique annual event brings local communities together through African art, music and cultural performances. It's all about expressing the best of Botswana, inspiring locals and giving guests the best party around. Grab some local delicacies, check out some art or just dance the night away, the choice is yours.
Day 7 - Okavango Delta Music Festival We've got another day to experience the most unique music and arts festival in the world! It's another day of culture and partying, where you'll not only listen to great local and international bands but also support the Tsutsubega rural community.
Day 8 - Okavango Delta Music Festival to Maun After a much needed breakfast this morning (after yesterday's dancing) we'll head back to Maun.Our trip ends on arrival in Maun, with free transfers to the airport if you need them. But as travel experiences go, nothing will ever compare to the times we shared in the Okavango Delta. Okavango Delta Morning Game Drive of the Okavango Delta in Game-Viewer Vehicles Afternoon Game Drive of the Okavango Delta in Game-Viewer Vehicles Night Drive in the Okavango Delta in Game-Viewer Vehicles Okavango Delta to Maun Morning Game Drive of the Okavango Delta in Game-Viewer Vehicles
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.