Natural Wonders by Motorhome, 8 Days
The accommodationDay 1 Auckland
Welcome to Auckland. With an irresistible combination of magnificent natural scenery and a vibrant, yet laid-back, city lifestyle, Auckland is a place of exciting contrasts and endless adventures. Not only is Auckland a great city, but a whole region waiting to be explored. See Auckland from the water on a harbour cruise, or from the sky on a scenic flight, or get a 360-degree birds-eye view of the city from Auckland Sky Tower, standing high as 220m at the Sky Deck. Auckland city has a plethora of exciting restaurants and bars to experience, from the waterside precincts at Wynyard Quarter and Viaduct Harbour, to the eclectic Britomart and the inner suburbs of Ponsonby Central and Parnell Road. Head to Parnell's French Style Farmers Markets every Saturday and Sunday morning to sample local gourmet treats.
Suggest 1 night in Auckland.Day 2 Auckland to Matamata (168 km)
Depart Auckland and head to Matamata to visit the Hobbiton Movie Set, a significant location used for The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit film trilogies. Enjoy a tour to discover the real Middle-earth at the set featuring hobbit holes, The Green Dragon Inn, Mill, bridge and gardens.
Suggest 1 night in Hobbition.Day 3 - 4 Matamata to Rotorua (70 km)
Set among the lush nature, surrounded by pristine lakes and towering forests, Rotorua is known as the 'Spa of the Southern Seas' and for its vibrant Maori heritage. The mild weather makes it easy to visit Rotorua any time of the year, whether to enjoy water sports or bathe in the healing waters of the plentiful hot springs. Soak away in the Geothermal waters at the Polynesian Spa, a world-leading, natural mineral bathing and luxury spa retreat, or lather up in a mud bath at Hell's Gate Geothermal Reserve & Mud Spa, to revitalise mind, body and soul. Visit Te Puia where you can see the Southern Hemisphere's largest geyser, Pohutu Geyser, where you can also enjoy a steambox lunch, as well as a number of Maori Cultural experiences and tours of the Geothermal Valley. Discover what Manaakitanga means, and experience authentic Maori culture. From being fully immersed in cultural performances, to pulling a traditional hangi straight out of the steaming ground, or taking a tour of a living Maori village, there is something to suit everyone.
Head to Redwoods Treewalk, an attraction where you wander along a 650m walkway consisting of a series of 27 suspension bridges between 119-year-old redwood trees to get a unique birds-eye perspective of the majestic forest. At night the forest lights up with lanterns and feature lights that illuminate the forest. Travel through native and stunning scenery at Kaituna River, where you can whitewater raft the 7m Tutea Falls, the world's highest commercially rafted waterfall, or simply navigate your way through the river at eye level.
Travel to the top of Mt Ngongotaha by gondola to Skyline Rotorua for an unforgettable gravity adventure, from thrilling luge rides, ziplining and mountain biking, to tranquil gondola rides, nature trails, stargazing and dining. For a plethora of dining options, visit Eat Street, a purpose built dining and entertainment district, and one of the coolest hot spots in the city, and finish off your evening with a after-dinner drink at Ponsonby Rd cocktail bar.
Suggest 2 nights in Rotorua.Day 5 - 6 Rotorua to Taupo (80 km)
At the centre of Taupo is a vast sparkling lake lying in an ancient volcanic caldera. Taupo's trout-filled rivers offer magnificent fly-fishing, and its ancient forests, alive with birdsong, are crossed with magical walks and bike trails. Marvel at the spectacular Huka Falls, New Zealand's most visited natural attraction. You can see it from the sidelines, or jump in a jetboat and glide past cliffs and trees at an incredibly dizzying 80km/h with 360-degree spins, leaving your heart pumping with adrenaline. For a more sedate experience, cruise to the Maori rock carvings at Mine Bay on a scenic cruise and learn about the Maori mythology and volcanic history of the area.
Suggest 2 nights in Taupo.Day 7 Taupo to Waitomo (149km)
Travel to Waitomo; home to the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves with awe-inspiring glowworm displays and subterranean adventures. Join a tour and witness the thousands of illuminating glow worms above as you glide gently through the Glowworm Grotto. If you are feeling adventurous you may like to try your hand at black-water rafting on the Black Labyrinth Tour as you travel through the mysterious Ruakuri Cave on a rubber tube.
Suggest 1 night in Waitomo.Day 8 Waitomo to Auckland (190 km)
Make an early start today allowing time to stop into the city of Hamilton on your way back to Auckland. Visit the Hamilton Gardens; a must-see experience, with its themed gardens from around the world. Travel back to Auckland as your journey comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Vehicle Liability - the customer is responsible for the first NZD5000 of the cost of damage, plus any administration fees.
- A Credit Card authority will also be required, whereby the customer authorises the campervan company to retain the details of their credit card to recover any outstanding amounts owed by them.
- The above Liability amount can be reduced by purchasing the Liability Reduction Option.
- The Road User Charge Recovery Fee is payable on diesel vehicles upon vehicle return. The Road User Charge Recovery Fee is included in the Express Return Pack. If the Express Return Pack is not selected, the Road User Charge Recovery Fee will be calculated and collated on return of the campervan based on the kilometres travelled during the hire.The charges per 100km are listed below: Action Pod, HiTop, Voyager, Venturer, Venturer Plus, Discovery, Cruiser & Encounter - $7.64
- Explorer, Vista, Frontier: NZ $ $8.04.
- Britz reserves the right to amend the Road User Charge Recovery Fee in response to changes in Government Road User Charges.
- Flexible Terms & Conditions: Applies to selected products only & excludes instant purchase & non-refundable products. Please ask your consultant for details at time of booking. A refundable deposit of $55 per person is required to secure your booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to travel, unless travelling within 30 days of booking. Changes & cancellations made 7 days or more prior to travel will not incur fees. Changes are subject to availability & may incur additional costs due to changes in seasonality, pricing & applicable surcharges. Any additional cost associated with changing will remain the responsibility of the customer. Original booking may contain bonus inclusions which are no longer available. In this instance, you will be offered a credit of your payment less any applicable supplier fees. In the instance that flights are added, the booking becomes non-refundable & change fees will apply. Changes & cancellations made within the applicable cancellation period will be subject to Flight Centre's Change & Cancellation policy which can be found at www.flightcentre.com.au.In the event there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and our booking terms and conditions https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition, these terms and conditions will apply.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.