Rocky Mountaineer 2022 First Passage to the West at Leisure, 8 Days
Price based on 2 October 2022, additional departures available with seasonal surcharges
2 days Rocky Mountaineer SilverLeaf Service.
2 breakfasts, 3 lunches.
7 nights hotel accommodation.
Icefields Parkway Tour, including Ice Explorer.
Yoho National Park, Lake Louise to Banff.
Banff to Calgary Tour, including Banff Gondola.
Luggage handling and rail station transfers in Vancouver,Kamloops and Lake Louise.
National Parks Pass.
All Aboard 4 FREE Perks - 2 Hotel Nights, 1 way Airport Transfer and 1 FREE Dinner.
Day 1 Vancouver Arrive in Vancouver and spend time exploring this scenic city on your own. Overnight in Vancouver.
Day 2 Vancouver to Kamloops Travel onboard the Rocky Mountaineer from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia's interior. On today's journey you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the BC interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell's Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. Your day concludes as the Rocky Mountaineer travels along the shores of Kamloops Lake into Kamloops. Overnight in Kamloops. B, L.
Day 3 Kamloops to Lake Louise Your journey continues Eastward to the mighty Canadian Rockies and the province of Alberta. Once again you will see a spectacular array of scenery as you travel across ranchlands, along rocky lakeshores, over high mountain passes and through the remarkable tunnels that form part of the rich rail history of the Canadian Rockies today's highlights include Craigellachie, where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway was driven, the climb over Rogers Pass, Kicking Horse Canyon, the Spiral Tunnels and, of course, the glaciers and snow-capped peaks of the Canadian Rockies Your rail journey ends this evening in the mountain hamlet of Lake Louise. Overnight in Lake Louise. B, L.
Day 4 Lake Louise Today, enjoy a full day tour along one of the most scenic highways in the world as you travel to Jasper National Park on the Icefields Parkway. Among the highlights are Bow Lake, the Columbia Icefield, Glacier Skywalk and Athabasca Falls. The Columbia Icefield is one of the largest accumulations of ice south of the Arctic Circle and one of the most accessible icefields in North America. Here you will ride on an Ice Explorer to the middle of the Athabasca Glacier to learn more about its geological features. Lunch is included at the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre. Afterwards, brief stops will be made at Bow and Peyto Lakes before arriving back in Lake Louise this afternoon. Overnight in Lake Louise. L.
Day 5 Lake Louise to Banff This morning you are free to explore beautiful Lake Louise on your own. After lunch, a half-day tour takes you into Yoho National Park to view some of its natural wonders. Among the attractions are the Spiral Tunnels, Emerald Lake and a natural rock bridge that spans the Kicking Horse River. At the end of the tour you will be transferred to Banff. Overnight in Banff. Please note: While departure from The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise will be approximately 2:00 p.m., scheduled checkout time is normally 12:00 p.m. Your luggage will be stored upon checkout and you are free to enjoy the amenities of the hotel before the tour departs.
Day 6 Banff Today you will have an entire day to spend exploring Banff National Park on your own. Optional activities include soaking in the mineral pools at Upper Hot Springs, enjoying a nature walk on nearby mountain trails, visiting Banff's historic museums, cruising on Lake Minnewanka or playing a round of golf at The Fairmont Banff Springs. Overnight in Banff
Day 7 Banff to Calgary Today you will enjoy a full-day tour concluding in Calgary. Begin the morning with asightseeing tour of Banff. Among the points of interest are Bow Falls, SurpriseCorner and the Hoodoos. Banff Gondola included. Overnight in Calgary.
Day 8 Calgary Your journey ends upon checkout from your Calgary hotel.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 August 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans