Rocky Mountaineer 2022 Rainforest to Gold Rush Explorer, 9 Days
Price based on 15 July 2022, additional departures available with seasonal surcharges
3 days Rocky Mountaineer SilverLeaf Service.
Luggage handling and rail station transfers in Vancouver,Whistler, Quesnel and Jasper.
8 nights hotel accommodation including nights in Vancouver, Whistler, Quesnel, Jasper, Lake Louise, Banff and Calgary.
3 breakfasts, 4 lunches.
National Parks Pass & Maligne Lake Cruise.
Jasper Exclusive Interpretive Program.
Ice Explorer & Glacier Skywalk.
All Aboard 4 FREE Perks - 2 Hotel Nights, 1 way Airport Transfer and 1 FREE Dinner.
Day 1 Vancouver Arrival Arrive in Vancouver and spend time exploring this scenic city on your own. Overnight in Vancouver.
Day 2 Vancouver to Whistler Travel onboard the Rocky Mountaineer from the coastal city of Vancouver to the resort town of Whistler, renowned for outstanding skiing and year-round outdoor activities. Following your check-in at and motorcoach transfer from your downtown Vancouver hotel, the Rocky Mountaineer takes you on a breathtaking rail journey through the stunning scenery of the Sea to Sky Corridor. Highlights of the trip include spectacular views of Howe Sound and the Coast Mountains, Brandywine Falls, Mount Garibaldi and the impressive Cheakamus Canyon. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. Overnight in Whistler. B
Day 3 Whistler to Quesnel A complimentary motorcoach will pick you up from your hotel at 6:45am PT and transfer you to Pemberton station (approximately a 35-minute drive), where you will board the Rocky Mountaineer train and travel to the charming rural town of Quesnel, gateway to the North Cariboo. Enjoy breathtaking and varied scenery, from the river canyons and lush farmland of the Pemberton Valley, through the desert-like conditions of the Fraser Canyon, to rolling hills and vast ranchlands of the Cariboo Plateau. Highlights include the shorelines of Anderson Lake and glacier-fed Seton Lake, sweeping views of the Fraser Canyon, and the crossing of Deep Creek Bridge, one of the highest railway bridges in the world. Your day concludes as the Rocky Mountaineer follows the banks of the Fraser River into Quesnel. Overnight in Quesnel. B,L
Day 4 Quesnel to Jasper Your journey continues Eastward today to the majestic Canadian Rockies and Jasper National Park. From Quesnel, the Rocky Mountaineer follows the Fraser River north to the town of Prince George, then travels east through the forests of northern British Columbia, home to plentiful wildlife, including a large population of moose. Entering the Rocky Mountain Trench you are surrounded by the steeply rising Rocky Mountains to the north and the Cariboo Mountains to the south. Continue climbing past Mount Robson, at 3,954 metres (12,972 feet) the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies through Yellowhead Pass into the province of Alberta. Your rail journey ends today on arrival in Jasper. Overnight in Jasper. B,L
Day 5 Jasper Highlights Tour Jasper National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the Canadian Rockies largest national park. Today you will enjoy a scenic full day tour of some of the today's natural attractions and rugged peaks, and perhaps catch a glimpse of the wildlife that calls this region home. Highlights include lunch and a lake cruise at historic Maligne Lake. The remainder of the day is free for you to explore more of Jasper independently. Overnight in Jasper. Note: In the event the lake cruise is not operating, interpretive experiences will be offered on First Nations history, foods and culture.
Day 6 Jasper to Lake Louise Travel to Lake Louise via one of the most scenic highways in the world, the Icefields Parkway. Among the highlights are Bow Lake, the Columbia Icefield, Glacier Skywalk and Athabasca Falls. The Columbia Icefield is one of the largest accumulations of ice south of the Arctic Circle and one of the most accessible icefields in North America. Here you will ride on an Ice Explorer to the middle of the Athabasca Glacier to learn more about its geological features. Lunch is included at the Columbia Icefield Glacier Discovery Centre. Afterwards, a brief stop will be made at Bow Lake before arriving in Lake Louise this afternoon. Overnight in Lake Louise. L
Day 7 Lake Louise to Banff This morning you are free to explore beautiful Lake Louise on your own. After lunch, a half-day tour takes you into Yoho National Park to view some of its natural wonders. Among the attractions are the Spiral Tunnels, Emerald Lake and a natural rock bridge that spans the Kicking Horse River. At the end of the tour you will be transferred to Banff. Overnight in Banff. Please note: While departure from The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise will be approximately 2:00 p.m., scheduled checkout time is normally 12:00 p.m. Your luggage will be stored upon checkout and you are free to enjoy the amenities of the hotel before the tour departs.
Day 8 Banff to Calgary Today you will enjoy a full-day tour concluding in Calgary. Begin the morning with a sightseeing tour of Banff. Among the points of interest are Bow Falls, Surprise Corner and the Hoodoos. Banff Gondola included. Overnight in Calgary.
Day 9 Calgary Departure Your journey ends upon checkout from your Calgary hotel.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 August 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans