Festive King Tut - 10 Days
From 2020-12-20 to 2022-12-30
Breakfast daily, 2 lunches and 2 dinners.
5 nights 4-5 star hotels, 2 nights aboard felucca (open deck).
If booking our Nile Cruise Upgrade, 4 nights 4-5 star hotels and 3 nights Nile Cruiser (en suite cabin).
2 overnight trains from Cairo to Aswan and Luxor to Cairo (Private 2 berth sleeper cabin).
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 10.
Touring - Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Aswan and Luxor.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology.
All relevant transfer and transportation.
Day 1 - Cairo Saturday. Welcome to Cairo, Egypt's bustling capital. You will be met at Cairo Airport and transferred to our start hotel. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, or those arriving early may wish to book our Backstreets of Cairo tour which visits lesser known highlights of the capital including Tahrir Square, the hub of the 2011 Egyptian Revolution.
You may also extend your stay in Cairo with our pre or post tour accommodation or tour add-ons like our Alexandria Day Trip.
Day 2 - Pyramids of Giza Today we visit to the legendary Pyramids of Giza, sole survivors from the ancient Greek-listed Seven Wonders of the World followed by the iconic Sphinx nearby. We continue to a government supervised papyrus emporium, followed by Saqqara to see King Zhoser's Step Pyramid - the first known pyramid ever built. After the tour we return to Cairo and spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 3 - Cairo Cairo - Aswan. Today we visit the new Grand Egyptian Museum, which houses a giant exhibition containing the treasures of King Tutankhamun. Many pieces on show are being displayed for the first time and artefacts have been brought together from across Egypt and the world to this one location. The museum also makes use of new technology including virtual reality. Note: the Grand Egyptian Museum is set to open in 2020, though an official date has yet to be released. If travelling prior to the opening of the new facility we'll visit the Egyptian Museum instead.
There is time to relax before we board the overnight train to Aswan this evening.
Day 4 - Aswan Arrive into Aswan and check into our hotel. We then take a leisurely boat trip to romantic Temple of Philae, dedicated to the goddess Isis and rescued under an enormous UNESCO effort in the 1970s to save the temple from the rising waters of the High Dam. Upon returning to Aswan we visit a perfume oil emporium and as night falls, there is free time to shop in the colourful souqs or simply relax and watch an amazing sunset.
Day 5 - Abu Simbel Aswan - Nile felucca sailing. Optional early morning excursion to the magnificent rock-cut Temples of Abu Simbel, built by mighty King Ramses II. This afternoon, we board our Nile felucca for a 2 night voyage downstream on the River Nile. Relax and chat with new friends as the felucca gently plies its route. Stops are made en route for swimming and visiting local villages.
If sailing by felucca is not your style, consider upgrading to a 5 star luxury Nile Cruise, please see 'Cruise Upgrade Prices & Dates' tab above for details.
Day 6 - Felucca Cruise Nile felucca sailing - Kom Ombo. Relax, go for a swim or just chill out in the sun on deck. Let your troubles melt away, as the felucca plies its route. In the afternoon we dock near Kom Ombo and take a motorboat to visit the temple before returning to the felucca for the night.
Day 7 - Luxor Kom Ombo - Luxor. This morning we disembark and drive to Luxor for check-in to our 5 star hotel. The afternoon is free for swimming or relaxing by the pool. Home of the legendary Valley of the Kings and Queens and the gigantic Temple of Karnak, 4000 year old Luxor is ancient Egypt at its best. Tonight, we have the opportunity to visit Luxor Temple with dinner afterwards. Built by Amenhotep III, Luxor Temple looks stunning at night when it's illuminated by hundreds of lights (book/pay locally). Remainder of the evening is at leisure.
Day 8 - Luxor Luxor - Cairo. This morning we venture to the tomb strewn Valley of the Kings. Highlights of the visit include the Colossi of Memnon, a massive pair of statues that stand silent against the backdrop of history, the Valleys of the Kings and the awesome ramped and colonnaded Temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
The Valley of the Kings is studded with often highly decorated tombs, constructed to once house the regal sarcophagi enclosed mummies of the mighty pharaohs awaiting passage into the after-life. This afternoon after lunch and time to relax we visit the colossal Temple of Karnak. Lose yourself in the stone-columned Hypostyle Hall and go crazy with your camera. This is ancient Egypt! Tonight we return by overnight sleeper train to Cairo.
Day 9 - Cairo This morning we arrive into Cairo and check into our hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore Egypt’s bustling capital your way. Consider visiting the famous Khan el Khalili Bazaar to pick up some souvenirs or admire the imposing Citadel of Saladin.
Day 10 - Cairo Our amazing holiday comes to an end and we bid farewell to our guide and fellow travellers. Included airport departure transfer.
For information about visas, top travel tips and much more, take a look through our travel guide.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.