Totally Jordan - 8 Days
From 2020-12-19 to 2023-01-07
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Dec Sat 19 2020 to Dec Sat 26 2020AvailableFrom$2,645*
Mar Sat 06 2021 to Mar Sat 13 2021AvailableFrom$2,395*
Mar Sat 13 2021 to Mar Sat 20 2021AvailableFrom$2,395*
Apr Sat 03 2021 to Apr Sat 10 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Apr Sat 10 2021 to Apr Sat 17 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Apr Sat 24 2021 to May Sat 01 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
May Sat 01 2021 to May Sat 08 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
May Sat 29 2021 to Jun Sat 05 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Jun Sat 12 2021 to Jun Sat 19 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Jul Sat 10 2021 to Jul Sat 17 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Jul Sat 24 2021 to Jul Sat 31 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Aug Sun 08 2021 to Aug Sun 15 2021AvailableFrom$2,680*
Aug Sat 21 2021 to Aug Sat 28 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Sep Sat 04 2021 to Sep Sat 11 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Sep Sat 18 2021 to Sep Sat 25 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Oct Sat 02 2021 to Oct Sat 09 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Oct Sat 09 2021 to Oct Sat 16 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Oct Sat 23 2021 to Oct Sat 30 2021AvailableFrom$2,545*
Nov Sat 06 2021 to Nov Sat 13 2021AvailableFrom$2,395*
Nov Sat 13 2021 to Nov Sat 20 2021AvailableFrom$2,395*
Nov Sat 20 2021 to Nov Sat 27 2021AvailableFrom$2,395*
Breakfast daily and 2 dinners.
6 nights 4 star hotels.
1 night Wadi Rum deluxe desert camp.
Wadi Rum - 4x4 desert safari through the sand dunes.
Dead Sea - Free time to swim and detox.
Touring - Amman, Jerash, Umm Qais, Dead Sea, Petra, Wadi Rum, Shobak, Umm ar-Rasas, Mt Nebo and Madaba.
Escorted by a licensed Jordanian tour guide and English speaking specialist guides at some local sights.
Airport arrival transfer on day 1 and departure transfer is offered on day 8 at 23:00 (day 7), 04:00, 07:00, 09:00, 12:00 and 16:00 only.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Amman Saturday. Welcome to Jordan and the start of an amazing adventure. Arrive in Amman and enjoy an included transfer to our hotel where you spend the night. The remoainder of today is at your leisure to independantly explore.
Day 2 - Ancient cities & Roman ruins Amman - Jerash - Umm Qais - Amman. Heading north, we visit Jerash, the Graeco-Roman city known as the ‘Pompeii of the East’. Built over 2,000 years ago, Jerash is widely regarded as the best-preserved city of the Decapolis, a confederation of 10 Roman cities dating from the 1st century! We explore the site taking in the colonnaded street, amphitheatre, nymphaeum, forum and more before continuing to Umm Qais (Gadara), a dramatic black-basalt Roman city of the Decapolis with panoramic views over the Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights. Later this evening, we head out for a meal and a stroll along Rainbow Street to experience modern Amman with its hip bars, rooftop restaurants, art studios and bookshops.
Day 3 - Dead Sea Amman - Madaba - Mount Nebo - Umm ar Rasas - Petra. Today we tour the citadel and Archaeological Museum of Amman, before we take a walk through the bustling local souk to enjoy typical Jordanian street treats of falafel and hummus at the country’s most popular local street stand. As the pictures on the wall will prove, the unglamorous food stand was a great favourite of the late King Hussein.
Leaving Amman, we stop first at Mt. Nebo, the site from which Moses saw the Promised Land. Having led the Israelites for 40 years through the wilderness, Moses finally saw them from this breathtaking vantage point. This amazing panorama includes the Jordan River Valley, the Dead Sea, Jericho and the spires and domes of the Mt. of Olives and Bethlehem on the Judean hills just across the wide valley. Later, we visit Madaba en route to Petra where we see the Church of St George, the Madaba Archaeological Park, Apostles Church and Madaba Museum.
Our next port of call is Um ar-Rasas, one of Jordan’s World Heritage sites and once an important stop on the once busy caravan routes. The impressive mosaic floor of the St. Stephen Church features medallions commemorating all the early Christian pilgrimage sites of the region, and the extensive ruins also include one of the area’s earliest Stylite towers, where a Byzantine hermit lived atop the tower and preached to the pilgrimage visitors. Our final stop of the day is Petra. Consider doing a Petra by Night excursion (payable locally) for a tantalizing candlelight stroll through Petra’s Siq….a romantic preview of things to come.
Day 4 - Petra Chief among Jordan’s many archaeological riches is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Rose City of Petra. The city was first settled around 6th century BC by the Nabataean tribe from Western Arabia. Rediscovered in 1812, it remains on the list for many travellers to visit. We access the hidden archaeological treasures of the Rose City on our walk through a narrow, deep siq, where the rocks finally give way to reveal the famous facade of Al-Khazneh (The Treasury). It's also possible to ride a horse through the Siq. Continuing our walk, we’ll go on to explore sections of this fantastic once-lost city which is full of tombs, temples, an impressive amphitheatre and a Roman colonnaded street. The intrepid can ascend the hundreds of rock-cut steps to Ad-Deir, better known as the Monastery. Ad-Deir has a similar facade to that of the Treasury, but is far bigger and the views from the nearby cliff-tops are splendid. Want to learn how to cook Middle Eastern food? Consider our Petra Kitchen Add-on tonight!
Day 5 - Wadi Rum Petra - Wadi Rum. There is a chance to revisit Petra this morning before our afternoon drive to Wadi Rum. A vast, silent landscape of ancient riverbeds, pastel coloured stretches of sandy desert and amazing rock formations known as jebels that rise from the desert floor, awaits. Boarding our 4x4 jeeps, we take an exhilarating desert safari across the sand dunes, taking in the breathtaking scenery of Wadi Rum and tonight, we enjoy a Jordanian dinner at our camp.
Day 6 - Dead Sea Wadi Rum - Shobak – Wadi Mujib - Dead Sea. After breakfast at our campsite, we head north along the Desert Highway to visit Shobak Castle, which is perched dramatically on a hill top and was built by the Crusader king Baldwin I in 1115. After exploring the castle we descend some 1300 meters to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on the earth’s surface. More than 400 meters below sea level, the mineral-rich Dead Sea is the world’s original health and beauty spa. Drift out and bob in the waters and slap on some of the famous black Dead Sea mud to give your skin an invigorating boost.
For departures between April and October we head up the King’s Highway to Wadi Mujib and embark on a moderate–paced two hour trek along the Siq Trail. Measuring 500 metres in depth and spanning 4kms across, the impressive Wadi Mujib is one of Jordan’s most remarkable natural landscapes. This dramatic canyon features sheer rocky walls and sparkling waterways that range from puddle height to depths that are perfect for swimming (chest height or deeper) depending on the rainfall. When the water level is high you should be prepared for having to climb up ladders, clamber across boulders and be happy to wade through water. The canyon is just one feature of the Mujib Biosphere Reserve, the lowest nature reserve in the world, home to a surprising diversity of wildlife and plant species. For those not interested in taking the full hike, you can walk part of it or wait by the Visitor Centre until the group returns. After our trek we make our way to the Dead Sea.
Day 7 - Dead Sea The lowest point on the earth's surface at more than 400m below sea level, the Dead Sea is a natural phenomenon and high on most travellers' bucket lists. Lucky for us, we have the whole day to spend here, whiling away the time bobbing in its mineral-rich buoyant waters and lathering up with a detoxifying mud bath. Later today, there is an optional visit to the Ma'in hot springs (a series of waterfalls and hot springs) and a sacred baptism site where Jesus Christ is thought to have been baptised (payable locally).
Day 8 - Dead Sea Saturday. Dead Sea - Amman Airport. Hotel check out and included onward transfer to the airport in Amman. Departure transfers are offered on day 8 at 23:00 (evening of day 7), 04:00, 07:00, 09:00, 12:00 and 16:00. If you would like a departure transfer at any other time or a transfer with post tour accommodation this can be arranged at an additional cost, please enquire.
Keen to tick Israel of your bucket list? Why not combine this tour with the must see sights in Israel and travel on our Road to Jerusalem - 11 day tour?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.