Treasures of Vietnam
From 16/01/2021 to 05/01/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Sat 16 2021 to Jan Sat 23 2021AvailableFrom$1,920*
Feb Sat 13 2021 to Feb Sat 20 2021AvailableFrom$1,920*
Mar Thu 04 2021 to Mar Thu 11 2021AvailableFrom$1,920*
Mar Sat 13 2021 to Mar Sat 20 2021AvailableFrom$1,920*
Mar Thu 18 2021 to Mar Thu 25 2021AvailableFrom$1,850*
Mar Sat 20 2021 to Mar Sat 27 2021AvailableFrom$1,850*
Mar Sat 27 2021 to Apr Sat 03 2021AvailableFrom$1,850*
Apr Thu 08 2021 to Apr Thu 15 2021AvailableFrom$1,850*
Apr Thu 15 2021 to Apr Thu 22 2021AvailableFrom$1,850*
Apr Thu 22 2021 to Apr Thu 29 2021AvailableFrom$1,850*
Apr Thu 29 2021 to May Thu 06 2021AvailableFrom$1,850*
May Sat 08 2021 to May Sat 15 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
May Sat 29 2021 to Jun Sat 05 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Jun Sat 12 2021 to Jun Sat 19 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Jun Sat 26 2021 to Jul Sat 03 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Jul Sat 10 2021 to Jul Sat 17 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Jul Sat 24 2021 to Jul Sat 31 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Sat 14 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Aug Sat 21 2021 to Aug Sat 28 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Sep Sat 04 2021 to Sep Sat 11 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Sep Thu 16 2021 to Sep Thu 23 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Sep Thu 23 2021 to Sep Thu 30 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Oct Sat 02 2021 to Oct Sat 09 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Oct Sat 16 2021 to Oct Sat 23 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Oct Thu 21 2021 to Oct Thu 28 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
Oct Sat 23 2021 to Oct Sat 30 2021AvailableFrom$1,780*
See the very best that Vietnam has to offer in just over a week as you traverse the country with a small group of up to 11 new friends.
This is a Comfort style trip, which means slightly higher standard hotels and a few more inclusions and meals than on most Original style itineraries.
We also fly between destinations to make the most of our time together.
Discover just why Halong Bay is so popular as you spend the night on a boat among the evocative karst landscape and indulge in a feast of fresh seafood.
Sample local food wherever you go, from street snacks at markets to an included lunch that supports locals at KOTO restaurant.
Have expert advice on hand the whole way with an experienced local leader to help you get the best out of your short time in Vietnam.
Visit some of the must see sights with your group such as a walking tour in Hoi An and the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City, as well as enjoy some free time to make your own discoveries.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (6 nights),Overnight boat (1 night).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Ho Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnels.
Ho Chi Minh City - Reunification Palace.
Ho Chi Minh City - War Remnants Museum.
Ho Chi Minh City - City tour.
Danang - Marble Mountain.
Danang - My Khe Beach.
Hoi An - Old Town walking tour.
Hanoi - Koto Restaurant lunch.
Hanoi - Temple of Literature.
Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh's stilt house.
Hanoi - Old Quarter Walking Tour.
Hanoi - One Pillar Pagoda.
Halong Bay - Overnight Boat Cruise.
Halong Bay - Lunch on Boat.
Halong Bay - Dinner on Boat.
Hanoi - Local water puppet performance.
Day 1 - Ho Chi Minh City Xin chao! Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City, a French-infused city with a dynamic atmosphere. If you arrive early, perhaps head to Pham Ngu Lao Street to see the local open-aired market or visit Vinh Nghiem Pagoda. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm where you will meet your tour leader and fellow travellers.
Day 2 - Ho Chi Minh City Start your tour of Ho Chi Minh City with a visit to the Reunification Palace. Formerly known as the Presidential Palace, it was the site of South Vietnam's surrender at the end of the war. Next, head over to the War Remnants Museum where you’ll see old military equipment including an F5A fighter and a UH1-Huey helicopter. Finally, you’ll tour the famous Cu Chi Tunnels. This former Viet Cong stronghold provides an insight into the resourcefulness and tenacity of the Vietnamese people, as well as underground life during the Vietnam War.
Day 3 - Hoi An Say goodbye to Ho Chi Minh City and fly to Danang (1 hour 30 minutes). From here you’ll make your way to My Khe Beach, a beautiful spot which lies against a backdrop of the Marble Mountains. This location was significant for both the Americans and the Vietnamese during the war. Enjoy a visit to the Marble Mountains to explore its caves and pagodas. Access is via rock hewn staircases or for a fee of VND40,000 you can use the elevator. After your visit continue to Hoi An where you’ll stay for the night (approximately 30 minutes by private minibus).
Day 4 - Hoi An Your leader will take you on a walk around Hoi An’s Old Town today. The city was a major trading port from the 17th century onwards, and has various architectural influences from Europe, China and Vietnam. Today the city is being restored and looks exactly like it did over a century ago. The tour will take you to a historic house, the Japanese Covered Bridge, a Chinese assembly hall and a museum. The rest of the day is free for you to do some optional activities or soak up the ambience of the place. You may like to wander the street stalls selling paintings, woodwork, ceramics, lanterns and much more. Hoi An is also famous for its talented tailors who can make beautiful items to order within a few hours.
Day 5 - Hanoi This morning, transfer to the airport and fly to Vietnam’s charming capital of Hanoi (1 hour 30 minutes). You’ll be taken on a guided half-day tour of Hanoi, visiting major sites such as the Temple of Literature, One Pillar Pagoda and the former residence of Vietnam’s most famous revolutionary, Ho Chi Minh. The tour will also include lunch at the KOTO cafe, an amazing project which provides vocational training for disadvantaged young people. You’ll have some free time this afternoon. Hanoi is a strangely quiet city compared to its southern counterpart. Escape from the noise by visiting the various parks and lakes, or hire a bike and cycle around town for the best view of the city.
Day 6 - Halong Bay Travel by private minibus to the famous Halong Bay (approximately 4 hours), one of Vietnam's most spectacular natural wonders. Once you arrive at the bay, you’ll take a long, slow cruise through the area, exploring the beautiful green waters and amazing Surprise Cave. Access to Surprise Cave is via staircases. Once inside the cave the pathways are a little uneven and slippery. You may also have the opportunity to go swimming from Ti Top Island beach. You’ll spend the night on the boat. The traditional junk-style boat has twin-share cabins with air-conditioning and private facilities. There's also a dining room and bar where you’ll enjoy all of your meals, including fresh seafood for lunch and dinner.
Day 7 - Hanoi Head back to Hanoi by private minibus (approximately 4 hours). This afternoon take in a unique water puppet performance. This evening is free for you to explore this delightful city. Why not relax at a cafe or stop for a bia hoi (freshly brewed draught beer) at one of the microbars in the Old Quarter?
Day 8 - Hanoi After breakfast, you are free to leave at any time, as there are no activities planned today. If you would like to spend some more time in Hanoi, we’ll be happy to organise some additional accommodation for you (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.