Santiago Experience – Independent
From 08/12/2021 to 10/12/2021
Admire the city from above with a panoramic view from the Cerro San Cristobal, looking across the Mapocho River to the spectacular Andes mountain range.
See the palace guards at La Moneda Palace with a local guide – once the scene of dramatic events in Chile's history and still today the country’s presidential palace.
Head out of the city to visit a nearby winery, venturing deep in their underground cellars and sampling some of the region’s wine, worthy of its worldwide acclaim.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Hotel ( 2 nights).
Group Size: 1 - 4.
Complimentary arrival transfer.
Complimentary departure transfer.
Santiago walking tour + winery visit.
Day 1 - Santiago Welcome to Santiago! On arrival at Santiago's Arturo Merino Benitez International Airport, you will be met by a Peregrine representative and transferred to a hotel in the city. Please look for your transfer guide at the airport – they will be holding a sign with your name on it. Once you have checked into your hotel, the remainder of your first day will be free until an important welcome briefing at 6 pm.
Day 2 - Santiago This morning you will be picked up from your hotel at approximately 9 am. With a local guide, take a walking tour of Santiago to visit some of the city’s many outstanding attractions. Stop by the Plaza de Armas and have a look at the cathedral before heading across to La Moneda Palace. Continue through the main avenues of old Santiago, across the Bohemian neighbourhood of Bellavista and up the San Cristobal Hill for a panoramic view of the city framed by the Andes. Saunter past elegant residential neighbourhoods and the shopping and financial districts. Your walking tour ends at the artisan village of Los Graneros Del Alba, where local craftspeople can be seen at work on unique wares. This afternoon, head out of town to the Concha y Toro vineyard, located in Pirque in the Maipo Canyon. This winery, founded in 1883, is one of Chile’s most renowned. The cellars, built with materials dating back to the 18th century, are situated six metres underground to maintain the ideal temperature needed for fine wines. Walk around this estate before heading to the cellars to learn about some of the different stages involved in the local winemaking process. What’s more, you’ll have the opportunity to taste some of their acclaimed wines. Return to Santiago for the night, perhaps heading out independently to taste some regional specialities, like pebre – a hot chilli salsa accompaniment.
Day 3 - Santiago Your Independent Experience will come to an end today after breakfast. You will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight, so please ensure you advised of your flight details when you book your Santiago Experience.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.