Simply Sri Lanka
From 14/12/2019 to 02/01/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Dec Sat 14 2019 to Dec Sat 21 2019AvailableFrom$1,175*
Dec Sat 21 2019 to Dec Sat 28 2019AvailableFrom$999*
Dec Sat 28 2019 to Jan Sat 04 2020Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,165*
Jan Sat 04 2020 to Jan Sat 11 2020AvailableFrom$1,195*
Jan Sat 18 2020 to Jan Sat 25 2020AvailableFrom$939*
Feb Sat 01 2020 to Feb Sat 08 2020AvailableFrom$944*
Mar Sun 22 2020 to Mar Sun 29 2020AvailableFrom$905*
Apr Sat 04 2020 to Apr Sat 11 2020AvailableFrom$931*
May Sun 24 2020 to May Sun 31 2020AvailableFrom$871*
Jul Sun 05 2020 to Jul Sun 12 2020AvailableFrom$871*
Jul Sun 26 2020 to Aug Sun 02 2020AvailableFrom$871*
Aug Sun 02 2020 to Aug Sun 09 2020AvailableFrom$846*
Aug Sun 16 2020 to Aug Sun 23 2020AvailableFrom$846*
Aug Sat 29 2020 to Sep Sat 05 2020AvailableFrom$846*
Sep Sun 13 2020 to Sep Sun 20 2020AvailableFrom$871*
Sep Sun 27 2020 to Oct Sun 04 2020AvailableFrom$905*
Nov Sun 01 2020 to Nov Sun 08 2020AvailableFrom$905*
Nov Sun 15 2020 to Nov Sun 22 2020AvailableFrom$905*
Nov Sun 29 2020 to Dec Sun 06 2020AvailableFrom$939*
Dec Sun 06 2020 to Dec Sun 13 2020AvailableFrom$939*
Wander through the golden-roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth in Kandy, which houses one of Sri Lanka’s most important Buddhist relics – a tooth of the Buddha.
Explore the palm-tree beaches and streets of Unawatuna, perhaps even stopping for a massage along the way.
Walk around the perimeter of the grassy Galle Fort, check out the gorgious views, and grab an icy ginger drink at a cafe in town.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Hotel (7 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Kandy - Temple of the Tooth.
Sigiriya - Lion Rock.
Colombo - Market Visit.
Day 1 - Negombo Ayu-bowan! Welcome to Sri Lanka. Your adventure begins in the town of Negombo, located close to the international airport. You can arrive at any time on Day 1 as there are no activities planned until the important welcome meeting at 5.30 pm. Those arriving early can get into the spirit of seaside Sri Lanka by observing the local fishing craft and perhaps feasting on fresh seafood. The beautiful surrounding countryside is best explored on a bicycle, which you can rent with help from the hotel reception.
Day 2 - Dambulla After breakfast, leave Negombo and drive approximately 4.5 hours to Dambulla, arriving just after midday. After checking into the hotel, in the afternoon you may like to relax at the hotel or take an optional visit to a nearby wildlife reserve. With a bit of luck, you might spot some wild elephants on this jeep safari. Which park is available to visit depends on the season, but both Minneriya and Kaudulla are within easy reach of Dambulla. Another option is the nearby Dambulla Caves with their magnificently decorated interiors.
Day 3 - Sigiriya - Kandy Early this morning, before the heat is too intense, head to Sigiriya (approximately 30 minutes). This ruined fortress is one of Sri Lanka's premier sights. Those who make it to the top are rewarded with astounding views. Make sure you are wearing sturdy footwear, as this is a very steep climb with some uneven slopes. Those unable to climb to the top can explore the gardens at the base of the rock and still get some fantastic shots of the fortress from below. Return to the hotel for breakfast before heading to Kandy (approximately 3 hours). On the way, there's the option of stopping at one of the region's wonderful spice gardens for lunch. In beautifully located Kandy, visit the Dalada Maligawa (aka Temple of the Tooth), Sri Lanka's most important Buddhist site, and mingle with the white-clad pilgrims who come here to worship.
Day 4 - Kandy Today is a free day to explore the royal city of Kandy, a pleasant city surrounded by lush green hilly countryside. It’s home to a picturesque lake, old shops, a bustling market and some great restaurants. It was once the capital of the last Sri Lankan king, and the area managed to resist European control for hundreds of years, long after the coastal areas surrendered. Perhaps walk through the town to take in the sights of Kandy – explore the citadel, or take a nature walk at Udawattakele Sanctuary, close to Kandy, which offers the chance to see flowers, birds and monkeys amid 160 acres of tropical rainforest. Kandy is perfect for those who enjoy walking – the town has many hidden corners to explore and views from walks around the lake are spectacular. There's also the chance to take a day trip to Nuwara Eliya along windy roads lined by green slopes of tea leaves. This old British hill station is the heart of the tea growing industry and full of colonial charm. Built entirely during the 19th century, its quirky architecture reflects what you'd normally expect to find in an English country village, which will make you feel like you've stepped back in time.
Day 5 - Unawatuna Journey south in a private vehicle to Unawatuna (approximately 6 hours). This fantastic stretch of beach has plenty of local restaurants and bars to relax in. There are no included activities today, so you'll have free time to explore Unawatuna and its surrounds. Perhaps take a walk through the monkey-filled mangrove forest off Galle–Matara road or unwind with an indulgent massage.
Day 6 - Unawatuna Sleep in, relax on the beach, work on your tan or grab a cocktail under the shade of a beachside restaurant. Feel like something a bit more active? Today is a good opportunity to pop into nearby Galle for some sightseeing. The city is a memorable collection of Dutch-colonial buildings with boutique shops and cafes to visit. Walk around the perimeter of the Galle fort and cool off with an icy ginger drink in a cafe, then mosey on back to the beach for some more chillaxing.
Day 7 - Colombo Leave Unawatuna behind and make the journey to Galle, where you'll jump on a train to Colombo (approximately four hours). On arrival to Sir Lanka's capital, why not head out on an optional city walk with your leader? If you are lucky enough to be in Colombo on a Saturday, visit Good Market, a local market full of stalls showcasing social enterprises and responsible businesses. Tonight is free but your leader will suggest an optional final group dinner.
Day 8 - Colombo This Sri Lankan adventure comes to an end after breakfast and you are free to depart at any time.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..