Egyptian Express for Families - 8 Days
From 2021-10-23 to 2022-12-31
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Breakfast daily, 1 lunch and 1 dinner (included onboard the train).
6 nights 4-5 star hotels.
1 overnight train from Cairo to Aswan (private 2 berth sleeper cabin) including meals.
Aswan - Camel ride to St Simeon's Monastery.
Aswan - Felucca sailing on the Nile and visit to Elephantine Island.
Airport arrival transfer from Cairo International Airport on day 1 and departure transfer from Luxor International Airport on day 8.
Touring - Cairo, Giza, Aswan and Luxor.
Guided excursions to the Pyramids of Giza, Egyptian Museum, Philae Temple, Aswan Market, Kom Ombo Temple, the Valley of the Kings and Karnak Temple.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide, degree qualified in Egyptology.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Cairo Welcome to the land of the Pharaohs! At Cairo airport your family will be met and transferred to our hotel. The rest of the day is free to relax at leisure.
Day 2 - Cairo Cairo - Aswan. Today we discover the treasures of King Tutankhamun, ancient mummies and more with a guided tour of the Egyptian Museum. Later we tour the Islamic Citadel of Saladin and enjoy views over the old city, where people are going about their daily life. We conclude the day with a market walk through the bustling Khan el-Khalili bazaar.
Day 3 - Pyramids of Giza Cairo - Aswan. Today, we visit the legendary pyramids and iconic Sphinx at Giza Plateau, the sole survivors from the ancient Greek-listed Seven Wonders of the World. Gaze in awe at the largest of the three great pyramids - Cheops. Constructed from over 2.5 million limestone blocks, it took more than 20 years to construct. We explore this area on foot and there's the opportunity to venture inside one of the great pyramids. The afternoon is free to relax by the hotel pool with your family or independently explore Cairo before we take the comfortable overnight sleeper train to Aswan.
Day 4 - Aswan We arrive into Aswan this morning and and take a boat out to Agilika Island to visit the beautiful Philae Temple and then make a stop at a perfume oil emporium. The rest of the day is free to independently explore or relax by the hotel pool. Scenically located on the Nile, a walk along the riverfront corniche to view the many boats is a real treat. This evening we'll visit the Aswan market and enjoy the smells of herbs and spices being traded by local merchants.
Day 5 - Aswan Sail onboard a traditional felucca as we enjoy a visit to Elephantine Island. Take a guided walk to many important archaeological sites and a local school (if open), before lunch on board the felucca. This afternoon is free for you to spend in Aswan as you please. You may wish to join our optional excursion to the Nubian Museum. The museum is home to more than 3,000 artefacts and scale models from across ancient Egyptian history, from the Pharaohs to the Romans.
Day 6 - Aswan Aswan - Luxor. This morning we take a motorboat across the river to the west bank of the Nile and enjoy a camel ride across the desert to the 7th century Monastery of St Simeon. We explore this site before bidding farewell to Aswan and travelling to Luxor, stopping en route to visit the temple of Kom Ombo. The northern half of this temple was dedicated to the falcon god Horus, whilst the southern half was dedicated to the crocodile god Sobek. The two are perfectly symmetrical and you’ll think you’re seeing double as we explore.
Day 7 - Luxor We visit Luxor’s legendary West Bank this morning - home to the famous Valley of the Kings, the imposing colonnaded temple of Queen Hatshepsut and the gigantic Colossi of Memnon. See how the ancient Egyptians confounded tomb robbers with the construction of elaborate catacombs, once filled with treasures and highly decorated to allow the pharaoh passage to the afterlife.
Later, visit the colossal Karnak Temple, which took around 1,500 years to complete. Imagine you’re a pharaoh as you stroll around Hypostyle Hall and see the impressive Avenue of Sphinxes. Return to the hotel and enjoy your last night in Luxor at leisure with your family. You may wish to join our optional tour of Luxor Temple, beautifully illuminated at night.
Day 8 - Luxor Today your Egyptian adventure comes to an end. You will be transferred to Luxor airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.