Egyptian Family Adventure - 9 Days
From 2021-07-10 to 2022-12-31
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Sat 10 2021 to Jul Sun 18 2021AvailableFrom$1,806*
Jul Sat 24 2021 to Aug Sun 01 2021AvailableFrom$1,806*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Sun 15 2021AvailableFrom$1,806*
Sep Sat 18 2021 to Sep Sun 26 2021AvailableFrom$1,806*
Oct Sat 23 2021 to Oct Sun 31 2021AvailableFrom$1,806*
Breakfast daily, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
7 nights 4-5 star hotels.
1 overnight train from Cairo to Aswan (private 2 berth sleeper cabin) including meals.
Economy flight from Luxor to Cairo.
Aswan - Camel ride to St Simeon's Monastery.
Felucca sailing on the Nile and visit to Elephantine Island.
Airport arrival and departure transfer, day 1 and day 9.
Touring - Cairo, Giza, Aswan and Luxor.
Guided excursions to the Pyramids of Giza, Egyptian Museum, Philae Temple, Aswan Market, Kom Ombo Temple, the Valley of the Kings and Karnak Temple.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide, degree qualified in Egyptology.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Cairo Saturday. Welcome to Cairo! Your family will be met by our representative and transferred to the hotel to spend tonight at leisure.
Day 2 - Cairo Today, we venture in search of the treasures of King Tutankhamun, mummies and more at the Egyptian Museum. Later we tour the Islamic Citadel of Saladin with views looking down over the old city, watching people go about their daily life. We conclude the day with a market walk through the bustling Khan el-Khalili bazaar.
Day 3 - Pyramids of Giza Cairo - Aswan. Today, we visit the legendary pyramids and iconic Sphinx at Giza Plateau. Sole survivors from the ancient Greek-listed Seven Wonders of the World. Gaze in awe at the largest of the three great pyramids - Cheops, constructed from over 2.5 million limestone blocks it took more than 20 years to construct. We explore this area on foot and there's the opportunity to venture inside one of the great pyramids. The afternoon is free to relax by the hotel pool with your family or independently explore Cairo before we take the comfortable overnight sleeper train to Aswan.
Day 4 - Aswan This morning we arrive into Aswan and take a boat out to Agilika Island to visit the beautiful Philae Temple. After exploring this famous site we make a stop at a perfume oil emporium, the rest of the day is free for you to relax, enjoy the hotel facilities or take a stroll along the riverside corniche and explore. This evening, we’ll visit the Aswan market and enjoy the smells of herbs and spices being sold by the local tradespeople.
Day 5 - Aswan Today we enjoy a sailing trip aboard a traditional felucca (small wooden sailing boat) as we cruise the mighty Nile to Elephantine Island. During our guided walk of the island discover many archaeological sites and pay a visit to a local school (if open) before enjoying lunch and some family time back on board. This afternoon is free for you to spend at leisure or join our optional excursion to the fascinating Nubian Museum. The museum is home to more than 3,000 artefacts and scale models from across Egypt’s ancient history, from the Pharaohs to the Romans.
Day 6 - Aswan Aswan - Luxor. This morning we take a motorboat across the river to the west bank of the Nile, where we enjoy a camel ride across the desert sands to the 7th century Monastery of St Simeon. We explore this site before bidding farewell to Aswan and travelling to Luxor, stopping en route to visit the temple of Kom Ombo. The northern half of this temple was dedicated to the falcon god Horus, whilst the southern half was dedicated to the crocodile god Sobek. The two are perfectly symmetrical and you’ll think you’re seeing double as we explore.
Day 7 - Luxor We visit Luxor’s legendary West Bank this morning - home to the famous Valley of the Kings, the imposing colonnaded temple of Queen Hatshepsut and the gigantic Colossi of Memnon. See how the ancient Egyptians confounded tomb robbers with the construction of elaborate catacombs, once filled with treasures and highly decorated to allow the pharaoh passage to the afterlife.
The day continues with an afternoon trip to the colossal Karnak Temple, which took 1,500 years to complete. Karnak is a spectacular complex of sanctuaries, pylons, chapels, halls and obelisks and the vast Hypostle Hall with its gargantuan columns has to be seen to be believed, it's a great place play hide and seek with the kids! This evening can be spent at leisure with your family, or you can join our optional tour of Luxor Temple, which is beautifully illuminated at night.
Day 8 - Luxor Luxor - Cairo. This morning we leave Luxor, transfer to the airport and fly back to Cairo, where you can enjoy the rest of the day relaxing at the hotel pool with your family or exploring as you please.
Day 9 - Cairo Sunday. Today your Egyptian adventure comes to an end - after breakfast we’ll transfer you and your clan to the airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.