Cairo to Luxor Explorer - 6 Days
From 2021-02-14 to 2022-12-25
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Feb Sun 14 2021 to Feb Fri 19 2021AvailableFrom$1,098*
May Sun 02 2021 to May Fri 07 2021AvailableFrom$1,044*
May Sun 16 2021 to May Fri 21 2021AvailableFrom$1,044*
May Sun 30 2021 to Jun Fri 04 2021AvailableFrom$1,044*
Jun Sun 27 2021 to Jul Fri 02 2021AvailableFrom$1,044*
Jul Sun 25 2021 to Jul Fri 30 2021AvailableFrom$1,044*
Aug Sun 08 2021 to Aug Fri 13 2021AvailableFrom$1,044*
Sep Sun 05 2021 to Sep Fri 10 2021AvailableFrom$1,098*
Sep Sun 19 2021 to Sep Fri 24 2021AvailableFrom$1,098*
Oct Sun 03 2021 to Oct Fri 08 2021AvailableFrom$1,098*
Oct Sun 10 2021 to Oct Fri 15 2021AvailableFrom$1,098*
Oct Sun 24 2021 to Oct Fri 29 2021AvailableFrom$1,098*
Oct Sun 31 2021 to Nov Fri 05 2021AvailableFrom$1,098*
Nov Sun 07 2021 to Nov Fri 12 2021AvailableFrom$1,098*
Nov Sun 21 2021 to Nov Fri 26 2021AvailableFrom$1,098*
4 nights 4-5 star hotels.
1 overnight train from Cairo to Luxor (Private 2 berth sleeper cabin).
Touring - Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Luxor and Dendera.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 6.
Services of an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Cairo Sunday. Welcome to Egypt! Upon arrival at Cairo Airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is free to relax by the hotel pool, or those arriving early, opt to join our unique Backstreets tour of Cairo which departs the hotel at 10am today. This optional tour takes you off the beaten track in Egypt's bustling capital, visiting Downtown Cairo, the exquisite mosques and monuments of El Moez Street in Islamic Cairo, Garbage City and the incredible Cave Church of St. Simon.
At 7pm this evening meet your guide and the rest of the group at a Welcome Meeting.
Note: If you would like to extend your stay we offer an Alexandria Day Trip on the Saturday before your tour starts, and we can arrange pre tour accommodation as well, please enquire.
Day 2 - Pyramids of Giza After a good night's rest, we enjoy a full day of touring. Our first stop this morning is the famous pyramids and the iconic Sphinx at the Giza Plateau. Sole survivors from the ancient Greek, listed as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the pyramids are the planet’s oldest tourist attraction. Known as Cheops, Chephren and Mycerinus, the pyramids were already more than 2,000 years old when Herodotus the Greek historian visited them (in 5th century BC). A highly skilled corps of mathematicians, masons, surveyors and stone cutters carried out the job of building the pyramids. 100,000 workers were used to carry out the back-breaking task of moving and laying the stones of the largest pyramid - Cheops and about 2.5 million limestone blocks, quarried locally and weighing in excess of 6 million tonnes were used to construct it. Leaving the Pyramids of Giza, we stop at a government supervised papyrus emporium where you can buy genuine papyrus at quite reasonable prices.
Continuing to the necropolis of Saqqara, we explore the myriad tombs and temples at this site and see Zhoser’s Step Pyramid which constructed by Imhotep, the pharaoh’s chief architect in 2700 BC. The remainder of today is free to relax or explore Egypt’s capital at leisure. Perhaps head to Khan el Khalili Bazaar, the ideal place for souvenir shopping.
Day 3 - Egyptian Museum Cairo - Luxor. We take a guided tour of the vast new Grand Egyptian Museum in Giza this morning. In this incredible 490,000 square meter complex, we'll discover a mind-boggling array of relics and antiquities from almost every period of ancient Egyptian history, including the treasures of King Tutankhamun. The afternoon is free to relax by the pool at the hotel or independently explore before we board the overnight sleeper train to Luxor this evening.
Note: The Grand Egyptian Museum is set to open in 2020, though an official date has yet to be released. If travelling prior to the opening of the new facility we'll visit the Egyptian Museum this morning.
Day 4 - Luxor We arrive into Luxor this morning and drive to Dendera which is one of Egypt's best preserved temple complexes, located 60km north of Luxor. This vast complex covers 40,000 square metres and its temples, chapels and shrines were gradually built over thousands of years. Dendera's crowning glory is the 2000 year old Temple of Hathor, with its exquisitely decorated ceiling. After our guided tour of this incredible site we return to Luxor where the afternoon is free to spend at leisure. Take a stroll around town or enjoy a refreshing swim in the pool.
This evening there is an optional visit to view the beautiful Temple of Luxor, beautifully illuminated at night (book locally).
Day 5 - Luxor 4000 year-old Luxor is ancient Egypt at its very best. This morning we visit Luxor’s famous West Bank. Our first stop is the famous Valley of the Kings which is studded with beautifully decorated tombs, including the tombs of Ramses II, Seti I, Amenhotep II and of course, King Tutankhamen. After exploring this incredible site we travel to visit the Valley of the Queens and the beautiful limestone, colonnaded Temple of Hatshepsut, who was one of only three Egyptian ruling queens. Our final stop on the West Bank is to see the imposing 18m-high Colossi of Memnon, which is all that remains of the temple of the hedonistic Amenophis III.
Returning to the hotel at around midday, there's time to have lunch and relax by the pool before we visit the colossal Temple of Karnak later this afternoon. More than a temple, Karnak is a spectacular complex of sanctuaries, pylons, chapels, halls and obelisks, all dedicated to the Theban gods and to the greater glory of Egypt’s Middle and New Kingdom rulers.
Day 6 - Luxor Friday. Our tour comes to an end today with a transfer to Luxor Airport to meet your onward flight. Alternatively we can book post tour accommodation, so you can further explore Luxor’s abundance of antiquity’s.
For information about visas, top travel tips and much more, take a look through our travel guide.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.