Egypt & the Red Sea for Teenagers - 12 Days
From 2020-12-20 to 2022-12-25
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Dec Sun 20 2020 to Dec Thu 31 2020Sold OutFrom$2,247*
Jun Sun 27 2021 to Jul Thu 08 2021AvailableFrom$2,116*
Jul Sun 25 2021 to Aug Thu 05 2021AvailableFrom$2,116*
Sep Sun 12 2021 to Sep Thu 23 2021AvailableFrom$2,247*
Oct Sun 17 2021 to Oct Thu 28 2021AvailableFrom$2,247*
Breakfast daily, 1 lunch and 3 dinners.
9 nights 4-5 star hotels and 1 night aboard a felucca (open deck).
1 night overnight train Cairo to Aswan (private 2 berth sleeper cabin) including meals.
Airport arrival and departure transfers on days 1 and 12.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide, degree qualified in Egyptology.
Touring - Cairo, Aswan, Kom Ombo, Luxor and Hurghada.
Camel ride in Aswan.
Guided motorboat excursion to Elephantine Island.
Guided excursions to the Pyramids of Giza, Egyptian Museum, Philae Temple, Aswan Market, Kom Ombo Temple, the Valley of the Kings and Karnak Temple.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Cairo Sunday. Welcome to Cairo! You’ll be met by our representative and transferred from the airport to our hotel where you can spend your first evening in Egypt exploring with your family.
Day 2 - Cairo Enjoy a day of sightseeing beginning at the Egyptian Museum, home to important artefacts including the famous gold burial mask of King Tutankhamun. For a small fee, enter the Royal Mummy Room and marvel at the fantastically preserved mummies of kings including Ramses II, with hair and fingernails still intact. Later, walk around the City of the Dead, an Islamic cemetery in the middle of the bustling city. Finally, enjoy a trip to the church of Saint Simon - a 20,000 capacity church built inside a giant cave. We then return to the hotel where you’re free to enjoy the evening at leisure with your family.
Day 3 - Pyramids of Giza Cairo - Aswan. Visit Egypt’s most famous site today with a guided tour of the legendary Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. The largest of the pyramids, Cheops, was the tallest man-made structure on Earth for 3,800 years and you’ll gaze in awe at this Ancient Wonder of the World. If you’re feeling brave, you may opt to go inside one of the pyramids yourself, before we return to the hotel. Spend the afternoon at leisure then board the night train to Aswan this evening.
Day 4 - Aswan On arrival in Aswan we’ll take a trip to the beautiful Philae Temple, dedicated to the goddess Isis. After hotel check in and time to relax we enjoy a motorboat excursion across the mighty Nile to Elephantine Island, shaped like the trunk of an elephant. Discover the archaeological sites on the island with a guided walk and enjoy a visit to a local school (if open). This evening we’ll explore the bustling Aswan market and enjoy the smells of local herbs and spices being traded by the merchants.
Day 5 - Aswan Aswan - Nile felucca cruise. Today begins with a motorboat trip to the West Bank where we’ll enjoy a camel ride to the 7th century St Simeon's Monastery. Feel like one of the locals as we ride over rolling sand dunes to explore this site. This afternoon say goodbye to Aswan and board a felucca - a traditional Egyptian sail boat. Enjoy some quality family time as we relax onboard, sitting on comfortable cushions to enjoy dinner. Later, settle down on deck to sleep under the stars. Please note: All minors (and adults who cannot swim) are required to wear a life jacket when the boat is sailing. Life jackets can be taken off when the boat is docked at shore.
Day 6 - Nile Cruising Nile felucca cruise - Kom Ombo - Luxor. Disembarking our felucca this morning we drive to the famous double temple of Kom Ombo, where two temples sit side by side, perfectly symmetrical. After our guided tour we continue our drive to the 4,000-year-old city of Luxor, ancient Egypt at its very best. Enjoy a free afternoon to explore the city with your family or relax by the hotel pool. Tonight, we offer an optional excursion to see Luxor Temple, which is beautifully illuminated by hundreds of lights in the night sky.
Day 7 - Luxor Rise early this morning as we visit the famous Valley of the Kings - where pharaohs were laid to rest in richly decorated tombs. Explore some of these incredible tombs and the beautiful temple of Queen Hatshepsut before we return to the hotel. There is a stop en route to photograph the Colossi of Memnon, two gigantic stone statues of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III. Spend the rest of today exploring Luxor at leisure or relaxing by the hotel pool.
Day 8 - Luxor Luxor - Hurghada. This morning we visit the giant Karnak Temple, one of the largest religious buildings in the world. The site took over 1,500 years to complete and you’ll feel like a pharaoh yourself as you explore Hypostyle Hall and see the Avenue of Sphinxes. Later, we say goodbye to Luxor and travel to the coastal resort of Hurghada.
Day 9 - Hurghada Enjoy a morning orientation walk of Hurghada before spending today at leisure on the beach or in the hotel pool. Sunbathe, swim in the crystal waters, or try a few watersports.
Day 10 - Hurghada Today, enjoy an optional snorkelling excursion in the beautiful Red Sea. Sail to a nearby coral reef and snorkel in the turquoise water. Look out for incredible aquatic life including beaked parrot fish, angel fish, and if you’re lucky, turtles or a friendly dolphin or two. Enjoy lunch and drinks onboard before returning to Hurghada. Alternatively, you may choose to enjoy further free time at the resort today.
Day 11 - Hurghada Hurghada - Cairo. Today we’ll leave Hurghada and drive back to Cairo - enjoy this evening at leisure in the city.
Day 12 - Cairo Thursday. Today your Egyptian adventure comes to an end. You and your clan will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.