SPLENDORS OF SOUTH AFRICA & VICTORIA FALLS WITH BOTSWANA
From 29/11/2020 to 14/12/2020
Breakfasts Included: 15.
Lunches Included: 9.
Dinners Included: 10.
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA. Welcome to South Africa! Check in to your hotel and prepare for a fascinating journey.
Day 2 - CAPE TOWN This morning, sightseeing starts at the Grand Parade, the city's main public square, to see the Castle of Good Hope and City Hall. Afterward, a WALKING TOUR introduces you to more of Cape Town's famous and historic landmarks. Stroll along Government Avenue to see St. George's Cathedral, Parliament, and much more. Next, you'll enter The Company's Garden, a beautiful oasis in the city, en route to Green Market Square, which at different times has been a fruit and vegetable market and even a slave market. Today, it is a great meeting place, where curios from all over Africa can be found. Visit the BO-KAAP MUSEUM before continuing your walk in BO-KAAP, also known as the Malay Quarter. Founded by former slaves in the 1750s, this lively area is a true melting pot of cultures. Colorful historic houses range from lime-green and pink to orange, reflecting Dutch and British architecture, and the area has been declared a national monument. After a traditional Malay lunch, visit Table Mountain for a CABLE-CAR RIDE to the top (weather permitting) for stunning views of the city and its surroundings. This evening, join your travelling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (B,L,D) NOTE: Each year, generally in early August, the Table Mountain cableway closes for maintenance. During this time, Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden will be visited.
Day 3 - CAPE TOWN. CAPE PENINSULA EXCURSION. Today, enjoy a full day of sightseeing, starting with an orientation tour of Cape Town. Then, take a scenic drive south through the fishing village of Hout Bay before ascending Chapman's Peak Drive, which skirts the rocky coastline and is one of the most scenic drives in the world. Continue on to CAPE POINT NATURE RESERVE for stops at the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point, the southwesternmost point on the African continent. Here, take a FUNICULAR RIDE to the steps of the old lighthouse for spectacular panoramic views. Afterward, visit Boulders Beach to see a COLONY OF ENDANGERED AFRICAN PENGUINS, known for the unique sound they make. Return to Cape Town and enjoy the evening at your leisure. (B,L)
Day 4 - CAPE TOWN Enjoy a full day at leisure for your own discoveries. Perhaps explore the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, take an excursion to the stunning Cape winelands for wine tasting, or take a guided tour of Robben Island-where Nelson Mandela spent 18 of his 27 years in prison. Your Tour Director has suggestions to help you make the most of your day. (B)
Day 5 - CAPE TOWN-HOEDSPRUIT-MAKALALI PRIVATE GAME RESERVE. Today, leave beautiful Cape Town behind and fly to Hoedspruit and transfer to MAKALALI PRIVATE GAME RESERVE to begin your safari adventure! This area, near Kruger National Park, is famous for its abundance of wildlife, and you will have a great chance of seeing the "Big 5"-lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo. Enjoy your first GAME DRIVE this afternoon. Your skilled tracker and professional Ranger work together as a team, so you can learn more about the ecosystem as you view wildlife up close. Sip SUNDOWNER DRINKS prior to returning to your lodge for dinner. (B,D)
Day 6 - MAKALALI. Rise between 5 am and 5:30 am for coffee and tea before your EARLY MORNING GAME DRIVE. If the timing is right, you might spot some of the big cats after a night of hunting. Other animals you may see include kudu, impala, giraffe, hippo, cheetah, spotted hyena, wildebeest, and more. Great bird watching is also possible-some 350 species having been recorded in the area. Return for breakfast mid-morning, followed by time to relax and enjoy the lodge and its surroundings. Perhaps take a swim in the pool, visit the wellness centre for one of its many spa treatments, or simply sit back and watch the animals. Consider an optional excursion to the nearby cheetah breeding facility. In the mid-afternoon, tea will be served prior to your AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. Step out of your safari vehicle for SUNDOWNER DRINKS and watch as the sun sets over the Drakensberg Mountains. As darkness descends, your tracker will bring out a spotlight to help you spot nocturnal animals-if you are lucky, maybe even a leopard! Return to your lodge in time to freshen up before dinner. (B,L,D)
Day 7 - MAKALALI. Continue from day 6. (B,L,D)
Day 8 - MAKALALI-HOEDSPRUIT-JOHANNESBURG. Enjoy one last GAME DRIVE this morning before transferring to the airport for your flight to Johannesburg. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)
Day 9 - JOHANNESBURG Today's sightseeing starts with an enriching visit to SOWETO (South Western Township), the largest township in the country. Soweto is a part of South Africa's turbulent past, but this multicultural area is also a reflection of today and hope for tomorrow. Along the way, see the neighborhood that was home to two Nobel Peace Prize winners: Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela. Gain some perspective of life here at MANDELA HOUSE, where Nelson Mandela lived from 1946 to around 1960, when he was forced underground to elude arrest. You will also see the Hector Pieterson Memorial, dedicated to the 12-year-old boy killed by police during a demonstration in 1976. This led to the Soweto Uprising, an important event in the long struggle to end apartheid some 14 years later. Next, visit the unforgettable APARTHEID MUSEUM to learn about the founding of South Africa before delving into the apartheid era. Using photos, video, and print, the museum takes you on an extraordinary journey through the apartheid years to the 1994 democratic elections that named Nelson Mandela president. (B,L)
Day 10 - JOHANNESBURG-VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE. Today, leave South Africa and fly north to Zimbabwe. This evening, enjoy a CRUISE on the Zambezi River, which affords you a great opportunity to photograph wildlife and a spectacular African sunset! (B,D)
Day 11 - VICTORIA FALLS Today, visit mighty VICTORIA FALLS for an awe-inspiring experience. Enjoy a GUIDED WALK, where you will learn the history of the falls and hear fascinating details about the surrounding flora and fauna. This evening, your Tour Director hosts a special riverside farewell dinner. (B,D) NOTE: During the dry season (Sept.-Dec.) and during particularly dry years, water flow to Victoria Falls may be low.
Day 12 - Victoria Falls-Chobe National Park Area, Botswana. Today, a PRIVATE TRANSFER brings you to CHOBE NATIONAL PARK, featuring some of the greatest concentrations of wildlife in Africa. Enjoy an AFTERNOON GAME ACTIVITY before dinner. (B,L,D) Note:Game activities in Chobe consist of game drives & boat excursions
Day 13 - Chobe Area. Explore this stunning land on MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME ACTIVITIES. You may see giraffe, lion, lechwe, and huge herds of elephant. It is said that these are the largest elephants in the world. Spend the middle of the day at your leisure. (B,L,D)
Day 14 - Chobe Area-Okavango Delta. Today, fly to the famed OKAVANGO DELTA. This vast area features various ecosystems-wetlands, mopane forest, flood plains, and dry savannah woodland, making it ideal for game viewing. After settling in, embark on an AFTERNOON GAME ACTIVITY. (B,L,D) Note: Game activities inthe Okavango consist of game drives & mokoro(dug-out canoe) excursions.
Day 15 - Okavango. Enjoy MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME ACTIVITIES today. Spot cheetah, hyena, impala, Cape buffalo, and more. If you are lucky, you might even see the reclusive leopard. (B,L,D)
Day 16 - Okavango-Johannesburg-Departure. Your tour ends with a flight to Johannesburg(via Maun) toconnect with your homebound flight. Book homebound flights after 5:30 pm. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.